At least 21 civilians, six members of the security forces, and two deserters were killed in violence across Syria today, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said.
Near the capital, meanwhile, troops penetrated Rankus, 40 kilometres north of Damascus, after shelling the town which had been encircled for the past six days, the Observatory said.
It said at least 17 civilians were killed in Homs in central Syria.
Security forces stormed the flashpoint city, killing a family of six and a young girl, who was hit by gunfire from a checkpoint in the Karm al-Zeitun district, according to the Britain-based rights group.
Another civilian was killed by gunfire in Karm al-Zeitun, and one in the neighbourhood of Al-Khalidiyeh, also in Homs.
Four civilians were reportedly killed in the Qussur district, while another was hit by machine-gun fire in Baba Amro and a man was shot dead by sniper fire in the city's Wadi Iran quarter.
A young man was shot dead in town of Qusseir in the Homs province, the Observatory said.
It claimed that unidentified assailants killed a doctor in Shammas, also in Homs, while the state news agency said Dr Mustapha Safar was shot dead by a "terrorist group."
Separately, rebel soldiers "attacked a minibus carrying six security officers on their way to make arrests in Hirak, killing all of the passengers," said the Observatory, in statements received in Nicosia.
Violence Kills 29 Across Syria: Activists
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- What Makes Some Vaccinated People More Susceptible To Covid-19 Than Others? Experts Answer
- Covid Explained: Can A Person Get Re-Infected After Recovering From Coronavirus?
- Year’s First Cyclone ‘Tauktae’ Forming Over Arabian Sea, Likely To Intensify Further: IMD
- Big Companies Have Their Own Singers And They Get A Chance Easily: Sonu Nigam
- Split Of Votes Between Congress-led Front, AJP-RD Saved BJP's Skin
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- The Dravidian Wall: Patience, Experience Paid Off For DMK’s Stalin
- Private Traders Saw 2nd Wave Coming, Hoarded Oxygen But Govt Didn’t
- Modi’s War Against Covid: From ‘Timely & Tough’ to ‘Worrying’
- Column: Some Oxygen For Siddique Kappan, Please?
- Nurses: Covid Warriors And Real Bravehearts
- NC Condemns Israeli 'Atrocities' On Palestinians
- Fencer Bhavani Almost Skipped Qualifying
- Saina, Srikanth's Olympic Hopes Over