YSR Congress honorary president Y S Vijaya today dared the Congress to order an inquiry by a judge of the Supreme Court into the rule of her late husband Y S Rajasekhara Reddy.
Taking strong exception to the attack by both the TDP and the Congress on her late husband, an emotional Vijaya asked why the two were repeatedly targeting a person who's no more.
"If there's anything, let an inquiry be conducted by a judge of the Supreme Court into the rule of YSR," she said, taking part in a debate on the SC and ST sub-plans Bill in the state Assembly tonight.
Referring to the allegations made by TDP MLA A Revanth Reddy that YSR allotted Bayyaram iron ore mines to her daughter and son-in-law to the detriment of tribals, Vijaya sought an inquiry to bring out the truth.
She also refuted the allegation that the YSR family filled its own coffers (at the cost of the public).
"There is no truth in it," the YSRC floor leader in the House said.
Earlier in the day, during the debate on the Bill, critical references were made to YSR's rule, particularly with regard to diversion of funds meant for SC and ST welfare.
Y S Rajasekhara Reddy was chief minister of Andhra Pradesh from 2004 to 2009. He died in a helicopter crash in September 2009.
Vijaya Dares Cong to Order Inquiry Into YSR's Rule
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Clueless Cong Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- Citing Covid Situation Cong Again Defers Internal Poll To Elect New Chief
- Bihar: Corpses Of Suspected Covid-19 Victims Found Floating In Ganga River
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid-19
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- 'Sushil Has Tarnished Wrestling's Image,' LOC Served After Murder
- Beed: Govt To Probe Discrepancy In Covid Deaths As Funerals Rise
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- With 12K New Infections, Delhi Logs Its Lowest Daily Caseload In 4 Weeks
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Bach Cancels Japan Trip Because Of COVID Cases