After a Pakistani boat carrying explosives was intercepted in Indian waters, the security agencies have enhanced vigilance along the Indo-Pak border to avert any terrorist attack ahead of Vibrant Gujarat Global Investors' Summit-2015 in the state.
Vigilance Enhanced in Gujarat Following Boat Incident
Indian Coast Guard, Border Security Force and Gujarat police have initiated a high vigil after the incident in the Arabian sea.
Inspector General Kuldip Singh Sheoran, Commander, Coast Guard Region (North-West) today said the ICG has been monitoring the coastal area closely and has pressed six aircrafts into service.
A high-ranking BSF official said the force has been putting in extra efforts to ensure that no terrorist incident took place ahead of the summit.
"We are taking extra efforts to ensure foolproof security as the guests are coming from different countries," he said.
Vibrant Gujarat Global Summit-2015 which will be held in Gandhinagar from January 11 to 13, is to be attended by Prime Minister Narendra Modi along with heads of some foreign countries.
"Gujarat police is already on alert due to upcoming summit. Though the Pakistani boat was spotted almost 360 km away from Porbandar, I have asked the IG of Coastal Security to keep a strict vigil across Gujarat coast and supervise the whole security setup in co-ordination with Coast Guard, Navy as well as BSF," said Gujarat Director General of Police (DGP) P C Thakur.
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Plight Of The Nowhere People And Why Bihar Faces Social, Economic Doom
- Coronavirus: With 354 New Infections, Cases In India Rise To 4,421; Death Toll Reaches 137
- Coronavirus Pandemic: Where The World Went Wrong And What's The Way Forward
- For Allowing Export Of Hydroxychloroquine, India Deserves Applause, Not Criticism
- A Wine-drinking Ex-Muslim's Defence Of The Tablighi Jamaat
- Bollywood Needs A New Ecosystem To Bring Its Economy Back On Track After Corona
- 'Corona Jihad', 'Tablighi Virus'...Would 'Mandir Virus' Be Okay In Such Intolerant Times?
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Domestic Violence Cases Across India Swell Since Coronavirus Lockdown
- Centre Considering States' Request To Extend Lockdown: Govt Sources
- What Is Hydroxychloroquine, The Drug Touted As Cure To Coronavirus
- Sonia Gandhi Suggests PM Modi 5 Ways To Curb Expenses, Fight COVID-19
- Is It A Cold? Is It The Flu? Or Is It...
- With Country Under Lockdown Coronavirus, Couple Gets Married Over Video Call
- Alarming: Leagues, Clubs 'Could Fold' As English Football Faces Deepest Crisis
- Not Many Role Models In Current Indian Cricket Team: Yuvraj Singh