A Vigilance court here today acquitted Bihar Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi for alleged irregularities in the purchase of medicines of Rs 8 crore for cattle between January 15 to January 30, 2008.
Special Vigilance Judge (Muzaffarpur) Arun Kumar Singh exonerated Modi of all the charges in connection with the case.
Singh also ordered the state vigilance bureau to register FIRs against District Animal Husbandry Officer (DAHO) of Muzaffrapur Prabodh Kumar Singh, the then DAHO Subhash Chandra Choudhary, DAHO of Darbhanga Sharda Kumar Jha, his Bettiah counterpart Gorakh Prasad Yadav, besides DAHOs Dilip Kuma Jha (Madhubani), Prem Kumar Jha (Motihari) and Prem Kumar (Hajipur).
The vigilance court had on October 7, 2009 admitted a complaint filed by Sudhir Ojha, an advocate, who sought a vigilance probe alleging rampant irregularities in the purchase of medicines for cattle in 2008 when Modi was holding additional charge of Animal Resources department.
The court had asked SP (Vigilance) Patna to ensure an enquiry into the complaint; the Vigilance Bureau later submitted the inquiry report on April 1, 2011.
Ojha in his complaint alleged Modi sanctioned Rs eight crore for a special drive for treatment of cattle in January 2008 but the whole exercise was wasted.
He claimed veterinary doctors from blocks across the state had raised certain objections in connection with the purchase of the medicines for treating cattle.
"But the medicines supplied did not bear the 'not for sale' label though there were some flu cases detected in cattle. Lot of medicines for containing the diseases were dispatched to blocks," Ojha had alleged.
Vigilance Court Acquits Sushil Modi in Corruption Case
THE LATEST ISSUE
- 26 Covid Patients Die At Goa Govt Hospital
- Corpses Found Floating In Ganga For Second Day In A Row
- Amid Backlash, Centre Questions Intent Of PIL Seeking Halt Of Central Vista Construction
- Bengal Polls: Widespread Fear Of BJP's Agenda Torpedoed Its Chances
- China’s Wolf Warrior Warns Bangladesh Against Joining The Quad
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Covid Explained: How Vaccines Work On Different Body Types
- What Is Mucormycosis? What Are Its Symptoms And Treatment?
- Cong Will Be Remembered For ‘Duplicity, Pettiness’: JP Nadda To Sonia
- Payworld To Assist Rural Folks With Covid Vaccine Registration
- Users Who Don’t Accept Privacy Terms Won’t Get Calls: WhatsApp
- Paradigm Shift: Punjab Farmers Welcome Direct Payment System
- Some Indian Players Didn't Like COVID-19 Restrictions: MI Coach
- Checkmate COVID: Vishy, Four Other GMs To Raise Fund