Senior Congress leader G Venkataswamy was admitted to a super-specialty hospital here tonight in critical condition and put on ventilator following complaints of high blood pressure and breathing trouble.
"He is critical and on ventilator and will be under observation for the next 48 hours. However, his condition is stable,” hospital sources said.
State Civil Supplies Minister D Sridhar Babu told reporters that Venkataswamy was admitted to the hospital after he complained of high blood pressure and breathing problems.
In a political career spanning about five decades, Venkataswamy (82), a Dalit leader, was elected to the legislative assembly, legislative council and Parliament seven times and held various positions including union minister, state Congress president and deputy leader of the party in the Parliament among others.
He was in news in February this year for demanding that Sonia Gandhi should step down as party president to make way for an Indian. In his attack on the Congress leadership, he had alleged corruption has grown and that the nation and party were suffering from various ills. He, however, withdrew his comments a day later.
Veteran Cong Leader G Venkataswamy Hospitalised
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Clueless Congress Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- Cong To Form Fact-Finding Team To Analyse Poll Debacle
- Corpses Found Floating In Ganga
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Himachal: Cyber Thugs Target Covid Patients With False Promises Of Hospital Beds, Remdesivir
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- In A First, An Independent Candidate In TN Releases Election Expenses
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- 'Sushil Has Tarnished Wrestling's Image,' LOC Served After Murder
- Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma Get First Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine