The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has appointed Venu Srinivasan, Chairman and Managing Director of TVS Motor Company, as its President for the year 2009-2010.
Srinivasan, also the Managing Director of Sundaram Clayton, will succeed K V Kamath, a CII press release said.
Srinivasan, an engineer with a Masters' Degree in Management from Purdue University, USA, is the Honorary Consul General of the Republic of Korea, Chennai, and a Member of the Prime Minister's Council on Trade & Industry.
He has also held various positions,including President of The Automotive Research Association of India and President, Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers(SIAM), it said.
Srinivasan was also the first Indian industrialist to receive the honorary 'doctorate degree in science' from the University of Warwick, UK, for excellence in manufacturing and contribution in the field of technology and R & D.
Co-Chairman and Managing Director of Jubilant Organosys Ltd, Hari S Bhartia has been elected as CII Vice-President for the year 2009-2010, it said.
A chemical engineering graduate of IIT, Delhi, he has also received the Distinguished Alumni award from IIT, Delhi in 2000, the release added.
Venu Srinivasan Appointed as CII President
THE LATEST ISSUE
- 18 Students Of Coaching Class Killed As Massive Fire Engulfs Surat Building
- Narendra Modi: The Bachchan of Screen and Kohli on Field
- Opinion | History Will Judge Modi Govt On How It Handles Critical Issues
- The Rise And Fall Of Pawan Chamling, India’s Longest Serving Chief Minister
- Movie Review | Forget Politics, PM Biopic Tells How Dev Anand Influenced Modi To Take To Sanyas
- My Vote Is For the Well-Being Of My Fellow Indians
- The Statue Went Bust
- Mayawati, Honourable Prime Minister. Why The Heartburn?
- Can India's Character As A Secular Republic Be Sustained?
- Yogi Deveshwar: Corporate Honcho Whose Touch Gave Wings to Air India, High Flight To ITC
- How WhatsApp Saved The Day For A Cyclone Fani-Hit Journo In Odisha
- UK Prime Minister Theresa May Announces Resignation After Brexit Backlash
- After LS Debacle, Slew Of Resignations On Congress Table; Rahul Too Likely To Quit
- YS Jaganmohan Reddy – Andhra's Giant Killer
- China Welcomes Modi, Imran Khan Exchange Of Greetings
- 'Gear Up For Assembly Polls, We Will Get Majority In J&K,' NC Chief Farooq Abdullah To Party Workers
- In Uttar Pradesh, Mayawati's BSP Lone Gainer Among Grand Alliance Constituents
- PM Modi Tenders Resignation Of Council Of Ministers, To Continue in Office Till Oath Ceremony
- After LS Poll Drubbing, Karnataka Cabinet Reposes Faith In Kumaraswamy