The Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) has appointed Venu Srinivasan, Chairman and Managing Director of TVS Motor Company, as its President for the year 2009-2010.
Srinivasan, also the Managing Director of Sundaram Clayton, will succeed K V Kamath, a CII press release said.
Srinivasan, an engineer with a Masters' Degree in Management from Purdue University, USA, is the Honorary Consul General of the Republic of Korea, Chennai, and a Member of the Prime Minister's Council on Trade & Industry.
He has also held various positions,including President of The Automotive Research Association of India and President, Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers(SIAM), it said.
Srinivasan was also the first Indian industrialist to receive the honorary 'doctorate degree in science' from the University of Warwick, UK, for excellence in manufacturing and contribution in the field of technology and R & D.
Co-Chairman and Managing Director of Jubilant Organosys Ltd, Hari S Bhartia has been elected as CII Vice-President for the year 2009-2010, it said.
A chemical engineering graduate of IIT, Delhi, he has also received the Distinguished Alumni award from IIT, Delhi in 2000, the release added.
Venu Srinivasan Appointed as CII President
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Chidambaram Not Cooperating, Custodial Interrogation Necessary, Says CBI In Court
- 'Broad Daylight Murder Of Law, Democracy': Cong Lashes Out At Govt Over Chidambaram's Arrest
- OPINION | 'Puppets On A Chain, Kashmir's 'Pro-India' Parties NC, PDP Dug Their Own Grave'
- MP CM Kamal Nath's Nephew Ratul Puri Moves Court To Surrender In AgustaWestland Case
- India's Fresh Challenge On Kashmir: Engage With Donald Trump But Without Opening Another Front
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- INX Media Case: 20 Questions CBI Asked P Chidambaram
- Etawah 'Ragging' Case: Police, VC Deny Medical Students Were Forced To Shave Heads
- March To Delhi Temple Demolition Site Was 'Personal Decision': Dalit Body
- NDA Candidate Against Rahul Gandhi In Wayanad Arrested In UAE
- WATCH: Guns Fail To Fire Shots During Ex-Bihar CM Jagannath Mishra's State Honours Ceremony
- Oppn Protests At Jantar Mantar, Demands Release Of Detained J&K Leaders
- Kohli Hints At Four-Bowler Strategy Vs WI
- Live, 1st Test, Day 1: SL Win Toss, Opt To Bat First Vs NZ