Venezuela and Bolivia today completely snapped their diplomatic ties with Israel, with the Jewish state expelling Venezuelan diplomats stationed in Tel Aviv over their standoff on the Gaza incursions.
The Israeli move comes days after Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez broke off diplomatic ties and ordered Tel Aviv's envoys to leave Caracas in protest against Israel's recent 22-day long offensive in Gaza Strip which killed 1,300 Palestinians.
News Agencies reported that Venezuela snapped ties with Israel “in the
face of the seriousness of the atrocities against the Palestinian
"Venezuela ... Has definitively decided to break diplomatic ties with
the state of Israel given the inhumane persecution of the Palestinian
people carried out by the authorities of Israel," a statement read over
Venezuelan state television said.
Chavez had last week announced that his country would permanently end
ties with Israel over its recent offensive against Palestinian people
in Gaza, which he described as "Holocaust".
The Israeli foreign ministry had earlier notified junior diplomats representing Venezuela in Tel Aviv to leave the country within 72 hours.
Venezuela and Iran, the arch-foe of Israel, have developed close ties which has become a matter of concern for the Jewish state.
Venezuela, Bolivia Snap Diplomatic Ties with Israel
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Bihar: 71 Corpses Recovered From Ganga
- 26 Covid Patients Die At Goa Govt Hospital
- How Vaccines Work And React On Different Body Types
- Bengal Polls: Widespread Fear Of BJP's Agenda Torpedoed Its Chances
- China’s Wolf Warrior Warns Bangladesh Against Joining The Quad
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Vice President Naidu Greets Scientists On National Technology Day
- 18 States, UTs Reporting Decline In Number Of Daily Cases: Centre
- What Is Mucormycosis?
- Payworld To Assist Rural Folks With Covid Vaccine Registration
- Users Who Don’t Accept Privacy Terms Won’t Get Calls: WhatsApp
- Paradigm Shift: Punjab Farmers Welcome Direct Payment System
- Tour Of Sri Lanka: Hardik, Dhawan In Line For India Captaincy
- Sania Mirza Reveals Battle With Depression After 2008 Olympics Debut