Close on the heels of enacting a tough Lokayukta Bill in Uttarakhand, Chief Minister B C Khanduri has said the state won't tolerate corruption.
"Corruption in any form will not be tolerated in the state...Honest and committed people will get encouragement and support," he told a public meeting in Uttarkashi yesterday.
The Uttarakhand Assembly on Tuesday passed a bill to set up a Lokayukta which brings in its net the post of the Chief Minister, ministers, MLAs and government servants including IAS and IPS officers with a provision of life imprisonment or more severe punishment.
Uttarakhand Won't Tolerate Corruption: Khanduri
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Bank Mergers: Nirmala Sitharaman Refuses To Bite The Bullet, Believes 'Big Is Beautiful'
- GDP Shock Numbers Call For Quick And Deep Economic Reforms
- NRC Final List Set To Be Published On August 31
- Is A Uniform Civil Code Really Necessary? It'll Lead To More Lawsuits, More Courts, More Delays
- Rumours Have Stronger Legs Than Denials In Kashmir Valley
- BLOG | Rumours Have Stronger Legs Than Denials In Kashmir Valley
- New Job For Justice Gaur: Even Arun Jaitley Felt It Was Wrong To Reward Retiring Judges
- Strong And Decisive Leadership May Not Help Always. It Can Cause More Damage Than Good
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- India's GDP Growth Slumps To 6-Year Low Of 5% In June Quarter
- Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman Announces Merger Of Several Public Sector Banks
- Shashi Tharoor’s Travails Among Kerala’s Lilliputians
- Kashmir: A Poignant Birthday At SKICC Sub-Jail
- INX Media Case: Chidambaram's CBI Custody Extended Till September 2
- Arun Jaitley & P Chidambaram: Tale Of Two Ex-Finance Ministers
- 2nd Test, Day 1: Kohli, Agarwal Fifties Take India To 264/5
- WATCH: Sitting Next To Each Other, Ronaldo Asks Messi Out For Dinner Date