US Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner would travel to India early next month for the third round of high-level economic dialogue between the two countries, an official announcement said today.
During this India trip that would revolve around the India-US Economic Financial Partnership, Geithner would travel to Mumbai, besides New Delhi on October 9 and 10.
The visit was postponed early this year after the then Finance Minister, Pranab Mukherjee, resigned to contest presidential elections.
This would be the first high-level economic dialogue between India and the United States, after P Chidambaram took over as the Finance Minister, following the resignation of Mukherjee.
"The US-India Economic and Financial Partnership has served as a platform for greater cooperation on economic issues of importance to both nations," the Department of Treasury said in a statement.
"Both countries recognise the importance of expanding bilateral economic engagement, noting the rapid growth of US-India economic ties and the increasing range of global macroeconomic and financial issues, including those related to illicit finance, on which the United States and India cooperate," Treasury Department said.
Geithner and Chidambaram would co-chair the third US-India Economic and Financial Partnership in New Delhi on October 9.
Later that day, Geithner will participate in a moderated discussion hosted by the Confederation of Indian Industry and the US-India Business Council.
On October 10, Geithner will travel to Mumbai, the country's financial center, to meet with Reserve Bank of India (RBI) Governor Duvvuri Subbarao, as well as Indian business leaders from a variety of industries.
US Treasury Secy to Visit India in Oct
Lalit K Jha/Washington
THE LATEST ISSUE
- With 12,651 New Infections, Delhi Logs Lowest Daily Caseload In 4 Weeks
- Citing Covid Situation Cong Again Defers Internal Poll To Elect New Chief
- Clueless Congress Continues To Stumble From One Electoral Defeat To Another
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid-19?
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- Delhi’s Covaxin Stock Will Run Out In A Day: Satyendar Jain
- Japan, UNDP To Provide Oxygen Plants To Northeast States
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Bach Cancels Japan Trip Because Of COVID Cases
- Wrestling's Image Tarnished Due To Accusations Against Sushil Kumar: WFI