A newly-married woman was today set afire allegedly by her husband over dowry demand in Nautanwa area here, police said.
Anjali (20) was married to Jeewan Vaish about two months ago. She was set afire allegedly by him, who was harassing her over demand of a gold chain in dowry, they said.
In his complaint Anjali's father has alleged that the girl was murdered for dowry and blamed the husband and in-laws for it, the police said.
UP: Woman Killed Over Dowry in Mahrajganj
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus: India's Positive Cases Rise to 5,734, Death Toll Reaches 166
- Delhi May Face Shortage of Vegetables, Fruits Amid Coronavirus Lockdown
- Explained: What Are Disinfection Tunnels And Are They Safe?
- Two Safdarjung Hospital Doctors, Out To Buy Fruits, Assaulted For 'Spreading Coronavirus'
- Corona In The Chambal, Corona In The Secretariat
- Chronology Is Clear: MPLADS Abolition Leaves MPs At The Mercy Of Centre
- Bollywood Needs A New Ecosystem To Bring Its Economy Back On Track After Corona
- 'Corona Jihad', 'Tablighi Virus'...Would 'Mandir Virus' Be Okay In Such Intolerant Times?
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- 'He Was Terrific': After Warning, Trump Showers Praise On Modi
- Delhi, UP Seal Covid-19 Hotspots; Here Are The Areas To Be Locked Up
- Mehbooba Mufti Determined To Oppose 'Illegal Abrogation of Art 370'
- Shortage Of Migrants Pose Challenge to Farmers In Punjab, Haryana
- Phased Rollback Of Lockdown Most Rational Approach: Kerala CM
- Private Airlines Refused To Carry Covid-19 Samples To Pune For Testing
- Suspension Of Olympics Qualification Big Blow For Indian Athletes: Coach
- Coronavirus: Premier League Stars Announce #PlayersTogether Charity