A newly-married woman was today set afire allegedly by her husband over dowry demand in Nautanwa area here, police said.
Anjali (20) was married to Jeewan Vaish about two months ago. She was set afire allegedly by him, who was harassing her over demand of a gold chain in dowry, they said.
In his complaint Anjali's father has alleged that the girl was murdered for dowry and blamed the husband and in-laws for it, the police said.
UP: Woman Killed Over Dowry in Mahrajganj
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- How Vaccines Work And React On Different Body Types
- Bihar: 71 Corpses Recovered From Ganga
- 26 Covid Patients Die At Goa Govt Hospital
- Bengal Polls: Widespread Fear Of BJP's Agenda Torpedoed Its Chances
- China’s Wolf Warrior Warns Bangladesh Against Joining The Quad
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Paradigm Shift: Punjab Farmers Welcome Direct Payment System
- 32-Year-Old Garbage Collector Who Skipped Jab, Dies Of Covid In Shimla
- What Is Mucormycosis?
- AMU Doctor Dies Of Covid, Toll Of Staff Succumbing To Virus Rises To 35
- Payworld To Assist Rural Folks With Covid Vaccine Registration
- Assam Gets Its First Woman Finance Minister As Sarma Distributes Portfolios
- Why Team India Will Take Covishield?
- Sania Mirza's Fight With Depression