The Uttar Pradesh government today approved construction of an entry-restricted six-lane greenfield expressway between Agra and Lucknow.
The decision to construct 270-km expressway, estimated to cost Rs 10,400 crore, was taken at a meeting of the state Cabinet, chaired by Chief Minister Akhilesh
The project would be undertaken under public-private partnership model, officials said.
A green belt would be developed up to 10.25 metres on both sides of the expressway which would pass through Agra,
Firozabad, Etawah, Mainpuri, Kannauj and Hardoi.
The Cabinet also approved a proposal to construct a sports college on 71.25 acres of land at
Sefai, the hometown of Akhilesh, in Etawah district.
The sports college, which would impart education from the sixth standard up to intermediate, would have a hostel with capacity of 80 inmates, the officials said.
The college would have various sports facilities, including a cricket ground, they said.
In the first session, 70 students would be given admission.
The Cabinet also approved a proposal for a joint venture with Neyveli Lignite Corporation to set up a 2,000 MW thermal power project at Ghatampur in
The estimated cost of the project is Rs 11,128 crore, the officials said.
The Neyveli Lignite and UP Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam will have a share capital in ratio of 51:49 and the initial authorised capital will be of Rs five
The proposal to permit sugar mills to sell an additional quota of molasses in the open market was also approved by the Cabinet.
A decision to transfer scholarships to 10th pass SC/ST students directly in their bank accounts was also taken at the meeting.
The Cabinet also okayed Rs 4100 government gurantee to the UP Rural Development Bank for taking loans from NABARD and opening of nursing schools for training of
UP Cabinet Okays Construction of Agra-Lucknow Highway
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Covid Second Wave: PM Modi's Larger-Than-Life Image Takes A Big Hit
- Nothing To Hide: Youth Cong Chief To Delhi Cops’ Poser On Procuring Oxygen
- Covid: 13 Foreign Countries’ Emergency Medical Help Land In Shimla
- A Pin-Prick Of Hope: 40 Transgenders Given Covid-19 Jab In Guwahati
- Central Encroachment Into West Bengal Even After Elections
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Daughter’s Diary: Corona Has Come Home, But Home Is Far Away
- UK Study: Mixing Vaccines Can Be Safe
- Oxygen Crisis: 75 Deaths At Goa's Biggest Covid Hospital
- Kashmir Doctors' Panel Pushes For 'Plan' To Safeguard Staff
- Bikers On A Mission Bridging Plasma Donors With Covid Patients
- Suspicion Of Poisoning Rife After 18 Elephants Die In Assam’s Nagaon
- Hardik Doesn't Fit In ODIs, T20s: Sarandeep
- Race Walker KT Irfan Turn Negative