The Election Commission has directed returning officers and chief electoral officers of Uttarakhand and Jharkhand not to start counting and announce results of the Rajya Sabha elections before its clearance.
In a letter sent to the election officials in the two states, the poll panel has directed them that counting of votes "shall not be taken up" until they receive a specific written clearance from the Commission.
The two states have been provided with a set of proformas to be filled up before seeking a go ahead from the poll body for counting of votes and announcing the results.
The Commission has also asked poll officials in the two states not to announce the results today "without specific clearance" of the poll panel.
The EC said it would grant clearance to announce results after scrutinising the reports sent by the poll officials regarding "defect free" completion of counting and "disposal" of all objections in writing.
The proforma sent by the EC to officials in Uttarakhand and Jharkhand relate to interruption, violence and booth capturing during polling and complaints, irregularities and requests for recounting by candidates during counting of votes.
U'khand, J'khand Poll Officials to Wait for EC's Nod
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Clueless Cong Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- Citing Covid Situation Cong Again Defers Internal Poll To Elect New Chief
- Bihar: Corpses Of Suspected Covid-19 Victims Found Floating In Ganga River
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Users Who Don’t Accept New Privacy Terms Won’t Be Able To Receive Calls: WhatsApp
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- 'Sushil Has Tarnished Wrestling's Image,' LOC Served After Murder
- Beed: Govt To Probe Discrepancy In Covid Deaths As Funerals Rise
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma Get First Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine