The Uttarakhand government has formally launched an e-procurement system with the objective of processing all types of tenders through an online portal.
Launching the system here yesterday, Chief Minister B C Khanduri said the system would directly benefit the common man and users of the tender portal.
He directed officials to organise training programmes for employees and make them proficient in the use of the system. He said the system would come in handy in fostering a culture of good governance, clean and transparent administration and accountability.
Additional Chief Secretary Alok Kumar Jain said the tender portal has been launched after a comprehensive exercise, following which a government order was issued in July this year to implement the e-procurement system in Uttarakhand.
Under its provisions, all orders for goods and services for Rs 5 lakh and above and all work contracts worth Rs 1 crore and above for all departments would be awarded through the e-procurement system.
However, for the PWD, the limit for such works tenders has been raised to Rs 2 crore and above.
The departments covered under the system in the first phase include irrigation, secondary education, medical and health, forests, rural engineering service, Uttarakhand Peyjal Nigam, power, GMVN, KMVN, tourism, animal husbandry and the PWD.
The State Finance Department has been made the nodal department for implementation of the e-procurement system, while the National Informatics Centre (NIC) is the nodal implementing agency. The portal was funded by the government of India as a Mission Mode project under the e-governance programme.
About 20 tenders worth about Rs 100 crore are being floated through this portal.
U'khand Formally Launches E-Procurement System
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Arun Jaitley, Former Union Minister And Senior BJP Leader, Dies At 66
- BJP's Indispensable Man, A Raconteur And Mentor: Arun Jaitley Was All These And Much More
- How Arun Jaitley Played A Key Role In Making Nitish Kumar The Bihar CM
- UAE's Highest Civilian Award For Modi, Egg On Pakistan's Face
- MSD: Three Musketeers Who Engineered Kashmir's Bloodless Coup, But Are Their Plans Sustainable?
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- 'What Is Modi Govt Trying To Hide?' Says Congress After Rahul Gandhi-Led Delegation Denied Entry In J&K
- 'Political Giant, Towering Intellectual, Legal Luminary': PM Modi's Tribute To Arun Jaitley
- Naresh Goyal Created Tax Evading Schemes To Siphon Off Funds Abroad: ED
- PV Sindhu Progresses To Final At Badminton Worlds
- India Has Lost An Outstanding Parliamentarian: Ex-PM Manmohan Singh Condoles Arun Jaitley's Death
- Durand Final: Joseph-Inspired Gokulam Stun Bagan To Lift Trophy
- Why Is Part Of The Amazon Burning?
- PM Modi Defends Article 370 Move In UAE, Says It Ends 'Isolation' Of J&K Which Was Radicalising Youths