Uttarakhand Chief Minister B C Khanduri today conducted a department wise review of the finances and the progress of the state Annual Plan 2011-12, and Centrally-sponsored and externally aided schemes.
At the meeting, Khanduri directed all the Secretaries and the Heads of Departments to ensure that they carry out works in time and expend the sanctioned fund amounts while ensuring the quality of the works undertaken.
All departments should make the details of associated problems and the work plan available to the Chief Secretary as soon as possible, an official press release quoted him as saying.
The minister said it has often been noticed that some of the departments park the sanctioned funds and do not utilise these in time.
He said strict action would be initiated against those officials found indulging in such work practices.
Khanduri directed Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar to coordinate with the departmental secretaries and officials and conduct regular review of progress of the departmental schemes.
He also asked the Chief Secretary to prepare proposals on income generating and income enhancing schemes by holding detailed meetings with the departmental secretaries.
The Chief Minister directed departmental secretaries to lay emphasis on increasing the sources of income of the state while formulating the forthcoming annual plans.
Further, the Chief Secretary informed that Rs 5,237.87 crore were received for the Annual Plan in this financial year against which Rs 3,739.94 crore have been spent till now.
He said Rs 3,126.26 crore is available under various flagship programmes against which Rs 1,868.72 crore have been spent till now. Of the total sanctioned amount of Rs 447.85 crore for the externally-aided programmes, an amount of Rs 286.67 crores have been spent till now.
U'khand CM Reviews Progress of State's Annual Plan
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Dalit Woman President Made To Sit On Floor During Official Meetings
- RCB Choke CSK After Kohli's Unbeaten 90
- CBI Takes Over Investigation Into Hathras Gang-Rape Case
- '100 Per Cent Victory For BJP In Bengal Polls': Kailash Vijayvargia
- She, The Dalit: Conspiracy Of Silence And Selective Coverage Of Rapes
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- French Open Final: Teen Swiatek Thrashes Kenin To Create History
- ‘My Petition Against Hate Speech Will Have A Wider Impact’: Brinda Karat
- Left With 2 Days' Coal, Punjab Stares At Severe Power Outages
- Rajasthan: Priest's Family Ends Protest, Performs Last Rites
- Stubble Burning, Pollution, And Politics
- Office Of Odisha BJP MP Sealed After Birthday Bash
- North Korea Unveils New Ballistic Missile, Weapons At Military Parade
- ‘Time To Accept That Talks With China Won’t Help’: US NSA On Ladakh