Uttarakhand Chief Minister B C Khanduri today conducted a department wise review of the finances and the progress of the state Annual Plan 2011-12, and Centrally-sponsored and externally aided schemes.
At the meeting, Khanduri directed all the Secretaries and the Heads of Departments to ensure that they carry out works in time and expend the sanctioned fund amounts while ensuring the quality of the works undertaken.
All departments should make the details of associated problems and the work plan available to the Chief Secretary as soon as possible, an official press release quoted him as saying.
The minister said it has often been noticed that some of the departments park the sanctioned funds and do not utilise these in time.
He said strict action would be initiated against those officials found indulging in such work practices.
Khanduri directed Chief Secretary Subhash Kumar to coordinate with the departmental secretaries and officials and conduct regular review of progress of the departmental schemes.
He also asked the Chief Secretary to prepare proposals on income generating and income enhancing schemes by holding detailed meetings with the departmental secretaries.
The Chief Minister directed departmental secretaries to lay emphasis on increasing the sources of income of the state while formulating the forthcoming annual plans.
Further, the Chief Secretary informed that Rs 5,237.87 crore were received for the Annual Plan in this financial year against which Rs 3,739.94 crore have been spent till now.
He said Rs 3,126.26 crore is available under various flagship programmes against which Rs 1,868.72 crore have been spent till now. Of the total sanctioned amount of Rs 447.85 crore for the externally-aided programmes, an amount of Rs 286.67 crores have been spent till now.
U'khand CM Reviews Progress of State's Annual Plan
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Flu-like Symptoms? COVID-19 Or Not, This Is What You Should Do
- Covid-19 Testing Kits Limited, Centre's Help Welcome: Chattisgarh CM Bhupesh Baghel
- 7 Decades After Formation, Country's Premier Cultural Body Continues To Impart Indian Values To World
- Odisha Becomes First State To Extend Lockdown Till April 30
- The 1896 Bombay Plague: Lessons In What Not To Do
- Chronology Is Clear: MPLADS Abolition Leaves MPs At The Mercy Of Centre
- Bollywood Needs A New Ecosystem To Bring Its Economy Back On Track After Corona
- 'Corona Jihad', 'Tablighi Virus'...Would 'Mandir Virus' Be Okay In Such Intolerant Times?
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Jharkhand Will Have To Pay Huge Price If We Are Not Medically Prepared: CM
- Doctor Who Treated Slum Dwellers Dies From Coronavirus In Indore
- 3 Arrested For Attacking Man Over 'Conspiracy To Spread Coronavirus'
- Aggressive Testing Is South Korea's Answer To COVID-19 Crisis
- Kashmir Hospital Returns 6 Ventilators To NGO Due To Lack Of Beds, Staff
- Not Wearing Mask Outside Home Can Now Attract Fine, Jail Term In Delhi
- Late NBA Legend Kobe Bryant's Latest Book To Debut Atop Best-Seller Lost
- Alleged Bookie Chawla’s Counsel To File Another Bail Plea After April 14