United Arab Emirates ambassador to India Mohammad Sultan Abdullah Al Owais called on Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan and discussed investment potential in food processing and production, tourism and export sectors in the state.
An official release said here today that giving information regarding laws pertaining to land and policies, the Chief Minister yesterday discussed possibility of contract cultivation with farmers.
Chouhan said that discussions will be held for direct Indore-Dubai air service with the Union Government and added that as a result of this air service, new possibilities of exports will be generated.
He said that there is immense potential in the state in food processing sector and pointed out that Sharbati wheat can be exported from Madhya Pradesh for world-famous bakeries of Arab countries.
Owais informed that the UAE government has taken a political decision to invest in India and now new possibilities are being explored.
The Chief Minister gave information about investment potential in infrastructure development and tourism sectors.
He said that a special package is given for going to Dubai. In the same manner, a special package should also be prepared by the Centre for foreign tourists visiting India.
Mohammad Sultan Abdullah Al Owais said that the UAE administration will take a positive initiative if the Union Government starts Indore-Dubai air service.
He also invited the Chief Minister to trade fairs in Dubai and also extended invitation for three-month ‘Global Village’ to be organised in future.
Businessmen from various countries set up their stalls over there and thus, exportable commodities’ availability and demand in the market are also assessed, Owais said.
The Chief Minister said that Madhya Pradesh and other states of the country provide skilled manpower to Dubai and stressed the need to further strengthen commercial and cultural ties between the State and Dubai.
Owais informed that out of 14 million people in Dubai, 26 lakh persons are from India.
UAE Ambassador Calls on MP CM to Talk Investment
THE LATEST ISSUE
- What is Mucormycosis? What Are The Symptoms? Know It From Expert
- 11 Covid Patients Die In Tirupati Hospital As 'Oxygen Tanker Arrived Late'
- Covid Explained: How Vaccines Work And React On Different Body Types
- Domestic Travel Bans Can Increase Covid-19 Cases
- Clueless Congress Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- What Is Ivermectin, FDA-Approved Drug That Goa Has Recommended?
- Covid: India Reports 3.29 Lakh New Cases, 3,876 Deaths In Last 24 Hours
- Bengaluru To Witness Covid Peak By May 17; To See Over 14K Deaths: Experts
- Fact Check: Has Covaxin Been Approved For Children Above 12 Years?
- Delhi Should Prepare For Third Covid wave: Arvind Kejriwal
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- England Cricketers Unlikely To Feature In Rescheduled IPL 2021
- Navjot Kaur Recovers From COVID, Says Virus Failed To Deter Her Confidence