Two youths were killed and another injured today in a blast in Tral area of south Kashmir's Pulwama district, a senior police officer said.
Nineteen-year-old Ubaid Yousuf and Omar Teli (17) were killed when an explosive device went off inside the premises of a house at Ratsuna village in Tral area, 40 kms from here this evening, Superintendent of Police Mohammad Irshad told PTI.
Another youth, Mehrajuddin, was injured in the blast, the officer said.
The SP said the injured person told police that some youths had kept the device in the house where it exploded.
"We are in the process of ascertaining the nature of the explosion," the officer added.
Two Youths Killed in Explosion in South Kashmir
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- People Were Unhappy When BJP Could Not Return To Power: Shivraj Singh Chouhan
- SRH Vs KKR: Bairstow Out, Hyderabad Suddenly Three Down; 80/3 (11)
- ‘I Hope And Wish And Pray Bihar Doesn’t Throw Up A Khichdi Sarkar’
- Will It Be Nitish Kumar For The Fourth Time? Or Are There Cracks In His Citadel?
- Deity, Donations And Divine Intervention
- Why Jofra Archer, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje Making IPL A Connoisseur’s Delight
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Unplugged: 4 Ghost Stories, And The Crows
- Judges Must Be Able To Withstand Pressure, Says Justice N.V. Ramana
- Whiskey Or Whisky – What's The Difference?
- Pollution May Increase Virus Transmissibility: Experts
- MI Vs KXIP: All Eyes On Chris Gayle In Dubai
- Koeman Hits Out At 'Lack Of Respect'
- 'Kah-Mah-Lah', Rival Senator Taunts Kamala Harris
- Heavy Overnight Downpour In Hyderabad Leaves Many Areas Flooded