TRS president K Chandrasekhar Rao has written a letter to Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy, seeking cancellation of contracts for the Polavaram irrigation project in the coastal area.
The letter, sent today, also demands that no construction work be taken up at the project, as reportedly directed by the Centre and the Supreme Court, TRS said in a release here.
The letter comes in the wake of a war of words between TRS and Telugu Desam. Telugu Desam leaders claim that the tenders have been awarded to those close to Chandrasekhar Rao, in return for toning down the Telangana statehood agitation.
The ruling Congress was trying to silence the agitation by "managing" TRS chief; E Dayakar Rao and other TDP leaders have alleged.
TRS has been opposed to the Polavaram project, on the ground that it benefits non-Telangana regions at the cost of Telangana people. The party has also refuted TDP's allegation, saying that it's opposition to the project remains unchanged.
TRS Chief Asks CM to Cancel Polavaram Contracts
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As Assam CM, Himanta Biswa Sarma Finally Lives His Dream
- GST Exemption On Vaccine, Covid Drugs Will Make Them Costlier: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Lockdown In Delhi Extended Till May 17: Arvind Kejriwal
- Tamil Nadu's New Health Minister MA Subramanian Is Also A Marathon Runner
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Cong Leader Mallikarjun Kharge Urges PM Modi To Hold All-Party Meeting
- Talks For National Alliance Of Opposition Parties To Start Soon: Raut
- YouTuber Rahul Vohra Dies Hours After Predicting His Death On Facebook
- Sikh Body Provides Oxygen Concentrators To Covid Patients
- Youth Congress President Steps Into Sonu Sood’s Shoes
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- Lewis Hamilton Wins Record-equalling Sixth Spanish Grand Prix
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly