Telecom regulator TRAI today prohibited discriminatory tariffs for data services on the basis of content. The move is a big blow to Facebook's highly-controversial 'Free Basics' platform and Airtel's zero-rated platform 'Airtel Zero'.
TRAI Rules in Favour of Net Neutrality
File-AP Photo/Aijaz Rahi
THE LATEST ISSUE
- You Cannot Investigate Hadiya’s Marriage: Supreme Court Tells NIA
- Padmaavat: SC Rejects Plea By Rajasthan, MP Govts
- Shiv Sena To Contest 2019 Assembly And Lok Sabha Polls Alone
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth