Telecom regulator TRAI today prohibited discriminatory tariffs for data services on the basis of content. The move is a big blow to Facebook's highly-controversial 'Free Basics' platform and Airtel's zero-rated platform 'Airtel Zero'.
TRAI Rules in Favour of Net Neutrality
File-AP Photo/Aijaz Rahi
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Reinducted Gujarat Cops Forced to Quit by Supreme Court
- Delhi High Court On High Alert After Bomb Threat
- DM Report Blames 2 Doctors, Oxygen Supplying Firm
- Wonderful, Precise And Very Cool: How Do Our Money Up-Chucking Machines Work?
- "I'm Only Passing Through" 10 Leonard Cohen Songs That You Must Listen To
- Blackout For NDTV Stirs The Media
- Daily Curator: The Dominion Of Misunderstood Men Over Headlines
- Daily Curator: Of Holes Being Poked Into The Bhopal Encounter And The Origins Of Chyawanprash
- Watch: Viral Video Has Man Lighting Up A Line Of Crackers Attached To His Mouth
- MOST VIEWED
- MOST COMMENTED
- BCCC Directs Sony To Shift 'Pehredaar Piya Ki' To 10 P.M. Slot
- 'Not Aware of It', Says China on Scuffle Between PLA And Indian Troops in Ladakh
- Show of Strength: Rebel JD(U) Leader Sharad Yadav to Host Opposition Meet
- 1984 Riots: SC Sets Up Supervisory body To Examine SIT Decision To Close 199 Cases
- US Designates Hizbul Head Salahuddin As Global Terrorist, India Welcomes Move
- Arab Nations Extend Deadline By 48 Hours For Qatar To Respond To Their Demands
- Chinese Army Denies Violating Bhutan's Territory, Asks India To 'Correct Its Wrong-Doings'
- 'Apka Swagat Hai Mere Dost,' Israeli PM Welcomes Modi