Controversial Trinamool Congress MP Kabir Suman, who earned the wrath of party supremo Mamata Banerjee for supporting the Maoist cause, has claimed she all along knew of his leanings.
"I came to know that she (Mamata) said she had no idea that I am a supporter of extremists. She also said she can sack me in just one second but she refrained from doing so because in that case I will get an opportunity," the MP posted in his website.
Kabir Suman, who was elected from Jadavpore Lok Sabha constituency, went on "just as you could not ascertain that I am an extremist, I too could not realise many things. If I had the vision and the mental power, I could have realised that."
In the same website, the MP, who is a popular singer as well, uploaded a song titled Hero penned and sung by him eulogising late Maoist leader Kishenji without naming him.
He uploaded another song, this time praising Jagori Baskey, another Maoist guerrilla fighter, who had surrendered to the authorities recently.
In a rebuttal of Mamata's comment that it was a 'mistake' on her part to have nominated him as a party candidate, Kabir Suman threw a challenge to her in a 14-page document posted in his website:
"Let her expel me. I had communicated to her some months ago over telephone that I will keep myself off, if she asks me so. Before that, after some differences with her on my composition of songs on Chhatradhar Mahato (leader of Maoist-backed PCAPA) in Jangalmahal, I informed her that I am not an MP of any political party, I am Suman first."
"During 1997-98, I openly supported People's War (Maoist organisation), but did not enrol myself, not even after the formation of a Maoist party. I am Suman first, a composer of music, who does not compose or select themes of songs at anybody's whim or diktat," he said.
"She then told me (over telephone), I can remove you in just one second, but am not doing so at the moment. It is surprising that she had failed to believe me that if expelled from the party (in fact, I am outside the party practically), I will not remain an independent, but will resign my MP post. I am saying this now too."
He said some persons had asked him why he was not quitting on his own.
"My reply is that I won the Lok Sabha seat after hard work and absorbed many insults. Many channels tried to ensure my defeat. If I am driven out, I will leave lock, stock and barrel," Suman said, adding "I can't tolerate party regimentation".
The MP said he had not replied to the chief minister's charge on any news daily or any TV channel and restricted himself to explaining his viewpoint on his website only.
Referring to Banerjee's view that the issue would be raised in Parliament and that it was a mistake to select him as a Lok Sabha candidate in the first place, he said, "When she had insisted me to be a candidate of her party from Jadavpore parliamentary seat, I had informed her that politics is not my bread and it will be a mistake."
"I am subordinate to none. It may create problem to her in future. But she did not give any importance to it."
Suman said he would like his "old comrade Mamata Banerjee' to remember old days. Now I would like to inform her as well as to all Trinamool Congress leaders that I will never be a candidate of this party in future, he added.
TMC MP Kabir Suman Slams Mamata in His Website
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Chidambaram's Lawyer Willing To Give Undertaking That He Won't Flee, Will Cooperate
- US President Donald Trump Offers To Mediate Kashmir Issue Again, Says It's 'Complicated Place'
- Chandrayaan-2 Spacecraft Successfully Enters 2nd Lunar Orbit: ISRO
- 'Disgraceful Misuse Of Power': Rahul Gandhi Flays BJP Govt Over Action Against Chidambaram
- India’s Largest Biscuit Manufacturer Parle Says It Could Slash 10,000 Jobs: Report
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- The Little Sleep I Get Is Filled With Nightmares About Home: Kashmiri Living In Delhi On J&K
- CBI Books NDTV Founders Prannoy Roy, Wife And Others In FDI Violation Case
- Three Killed As Flood Relief Helicopter Crashes In Rain-Hit Uttarkashi
- LeT Militant, Police Officer Killed In Encounter In Jammu And Kashmir's Baramulla
- Virat Kohli To Wear 18 As India Gets Shirts Numbered
- Chidambaram 'Hunted Down' For Speaking Truth Inconvenient To Cowards: Priyanka Gandhi
- Public Transport Resumes In Parts Of Kashmir, Students Still Stay Away From Schools
- Former Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Babulal Gaur Passes Away At 89
- Paytm Retains Indian Cricket's Sponsorship Rights, BCCI Gets Record Hike