Times Now news channel Editor-in-Chief Arnab Goswami tonight apologized to former Supreme Court judge Justice P B Sawant for "the inadvertent error" in displaying the latter's photo during telecast of a news bulletin on September 10, 2008, on a provident fund scam allegedly involving another judge.
"We are extremely apologetic to Justice Sawant for the mistake and any personal damage done to his reputation because of the inadvertent error of running his picture instead of another judge".
"The picture ran for only about 15 seconds and was a genuine oversight in the course of a broadcast. We deeply regret the mistake and assure Justice Sawant that it was not part of any intentional malice in reporting," Goswami said in a statement.
Times Now Editor-in-Chief Apologizes to Justice Sawant
THE LATEST ISSUE
- India Sees Slight Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3,66,161 New Cases And 3,754 Deaths
- 34 Aligarh Muslim University Professors Succumb To Covid-19 In Last 18 Days
- 'Little Room For Judicial Interference': Centre To Supreme Court On Vaccine Policy
- Himanta Biswa Sarma To Take Over As Assam Chief Minister Today
- How India’s Top Sports Institution Let Covid Breach Elite Training Camps
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- Will You Need An E-Pass For Travelling From Noida To Delhi? Know Here
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Lockdowns And Curfews: List Of States, UTs Clamping Down Against Covid-19
- Mamata Banerjee Retains Ministerial Core As 43 Take Oath Today
- ‘I Would Like To Play Women Who Are Irresponsible': Konkona Sen
- Dramatic Equaliser Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly