Senior BJP leader Vinay Katiyar today suggested that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, whose absence from the party national executive meet here became the talking point of the event, should confine himself to his state for the time being.
"There is a lot of work for him to do in Gujarat and solve the problems of people of the state. After that, the party will think about him at the national scene," Katiyar told reporters outside the BJP national executive meeting.
Both Katiyar and Modi are OBC leaders and Hindutva faces of the party.
Most leaders defended Modi's absence on the plea that he is fasting for Navratra pooja.
There is a Lot of Work for Modi to Do in Gujarat: Katiyar
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Who Next? The Big Fear Troubling Congress After Chidambaram’s Arrest
- Chidambaram Sent To CBI Custody Till August 26 In INX Media Case
- OPINION | Puppets On A Chain, Kashmir's 'Pro-India' Parties NC, PDP Dug Their Own Grave
- India's Fresh Challenge On Kashmir: Engage With Donald Trump But Without Opening Another Front
- ISRO Releases First Image Of Moon Captured By Chandrayaan-2
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- INX Media: The Case That Led To Chidambaram's Downfall
- Chidambaram Spends Night At CBI Headquarters Whose Inauguration He Attended In 2011
- Will Swap 100 Acres Of Land For Ravidas Temple Construction: Kejriwal After Protesters Swarm Delhi
- Badminton Worlds: Sindhu, Praneeth Enter Quarters; Srikanth, Prannoy Out
- Oil Companies Stop Fuel Supply To Air India At Six Airports Due To Non-payment Of Dues
- Live, West Indies v India, 1st Test, Day 1, Antigua
- Rajiv Gandhi Got Massive Mandate In 1984, But Didn’t Use It To Create Atmosphere Of Fear: Sonia Gandhi
- Demonising Modi All The Time Won't Help, It's Time We Recognise His Work: Jairam Ramesh