Shiv Sena's youth wing chief Aditya Thackeray launched a membership drive of the Yuva Sena from the city on the auspicious occasion of Gudi Pawda.
Addressing youth on the occasion yesterday, he gave a yeomen call to youngsters in Maharashtra to join the Sena to serve the society in the best possible manner.
In his speech made at the Jambli Naka, the headquarters of the Sena in Thane, he declared that Yuva Sena was not a "Sena" (army) alone but also it aimed at "Seva" (service).
Hence youth in Sena should also realize their duties and give best their services to seniors and elders, Aditya said.
State Secretary of Yuva Sena Purvesh Sarnaik, who accompanied the young Thackeray said youth should come forward and adorn the Sena in the interest of their all-round growth.
On the first day itself, a record more than 10,000 youth became members of the Yuva Sena, the son of Thane MLA Pratap Sarnaik announced at the close of the day.
He said the target for membership drive in Thane city was around one lakh in the coming one month, and it will be taken up in each of the assembly segments soon and later extended to the other parts of the district.
Purvesh also hit upon a brilliant idea of awarding honorary membership to young artists whose art has been ignored by the society.
"We will promote, various arts, like event management, arts, culture, media and guide youth to take up these professions and also organize seminars and symposia for their benefit," he said.
Earlier, youths led by Aditya and Purvesh paid rich tributes on the Samadhi of senior Sena leader Anand Dighe at Shakti Sthal and proceeded to the place from where he functioned for many years and launched the membership drive.
Thane: Aditya Kicks Off Yuva Sena Membership Drive
THE LATEST ISSUE
- How Priyanka Gandhi Threw A Scrumptious Varanasi Nugget, And How The Media Lapped It Up!
- Supreme Court Appoints Ex-SC Judge AK Patnaik To Probe 'Conspiracy' Against CJI Gogoi
- Life In An Indian Prison: When Darkness Falls, Tears Are Not Enough
- PM Narendra Modi Holds Roadshow In Varanasi, Performs Ganga Aarti
- IPL 2019, Live Cricket Score, KKR Vs RR: Teen Parag Keeps Rajasthan Alive At Eden
- Modi The Man, Made For The Camera
- In Politics, Sunny Deol Will Have To Wait For Taarikh After Taarikh To Get Things Done
- Leaders Know Political Rhetoric Needs To Be Entertaining, Otherwise Rallies Are Boring
- Chennai’s Famous Historian S. Muthiah Is No More
- 'Let's Ask The Congress Spokesperson...Wait, Where's The Congress Spokesperson? We Just Lost The Link'
- Why NaMo TV Should Not Be Banned
- Rahul Gandhi Says There Will Be No Injustice In Hindustan Under Congress
- Sri Lanka's Defence Secretary Resigns Over Easter Bombings
- Rupee Dives To 6-week Low As Crude Spikes Above $75 Per Barrel; Loses 39 Paise Vs USD
- SC Judge Recuses From Panel Looking Into Sexual Harassment Allegations Against CJI
- Pragya Used To Carry Knife, Stabbed A Man, Says Chhattisgarh CM
- We Will Send Them To Desert And See How They Send Us To Pakistan: Kushwaha On BJP
- WATCH: Animated Send-Off From Virat Kohli Leaves R Ashwin Fuming
- AAP Releases LS Poll Manifesto, Says Will Fight For Delhi's Full Statehood