Shiv Sena's youth wing chief Aditya Thackeray launched a membership drive of the Yuva Sena from the city on the auspicious occasion of Gudi Pawda.
Addressing youth on the occasion yesterday, he gave a yeomen call to youngsters in Maharashtra to join the Sena to serve the society in the best possible manner.
In his speech made at the Jambli Naka, the headquarters of the Sena in Thane, he declared that Yuva Sena was not a "Sena" (army) alone but also it aimed at "Seva" (service).
Hence youth in Sena should also realize their duties and give best their services to seniors and elders, Aditya said.
State Secretary of Yuva Sena Purvesh Sarnaik, who accompanied the young Thackeray said youth should come forward and adorn the Sena in the interest of their all-round growth.
On the first day itself, a record more than 10,000 youth became members of the Yuva Sena, the son of Thane MLA Pratap Sarnaik announced at the close of the day.
He said the target for membership drive in Thane city was around one lakh in the coming one month, and it will be taken up in each of the assembly segments soon and later extended to the other parts of the district.
Purvesh also hit upon a brilliant idea of awarding honorary membership to young artists whose art has been ignored by the society.
"We will promote, various arts, like event management, arts, culture, media and guide youth to take up these professions and also organize seminars and symposia for their benefit," he said.
Earlier, youths led by Aditya and Purvesh paid rich tributes on the Samadhi of senior Sena leader Anand Dighe at Shakti Sthal and proceeded to the place from where he functioned for many years and launched the membership drive.
Thane: Aditya Kicks Off Yuva Sena Membership Drive
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Muzaffer Ahmad, The Budgam Doctor Who Steadfastly 'Captures' COVID-19 Victims
- Coronavirus Outbreak Live Updates: Confirmed Cases Soar To 271 In India
- Police Books Singer Kanika Kapoor, Who Tested Postive For Coronavirus
- 'You Are Not Invincible': WHO's Message To Youth Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
- Coronavirus: UP Govt To Give Rs 1,000 To 15 Lakh Daily Wage Labourers, 20 Lakh Construction Workers
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Janata Curfew: No Passenger Train To Run From Midnight To 10 PM On Sunday
- I Have Great Respect For China, It Is Unfortunate That Virus Got Out Of Control: Donald Trump
- Coronavirus: Maharashtra Shuts Offices Till March 31; Delhi Malls Closed
- Watch: At Traffic Signal, Policemen in Hyderabad Show How To Wash Hands
- 'Truth Has Prevailed': Jyotiraditya Scindia On Kamal Nath's Resignation
- Delhi Metro Services To Be Closed On Sunday Due To Janata Curfew
- Coronavirus: Who's Saying What Over Status Of Tokyo Olympics
- Semifinal Reserve Days To Be Introduced In ICC Men's T20 World Cup?