Shiv Sena's youth wing chief Aditya Thackeray launched a membership drive of the Yuva Sena from the city on the auspicious occasion of Gudi Pawda.
Addressing youth on the occasion yesterday, he gave a yeomen call to youngsters in Maharashtra to join the Sena to serve the society in the best possible manner.
In his speech made at the Jambli Naka, the headquarters of the Sena in Thane, he declared that Yuva Sena was not a "Sena" (army) alone but also it aimed at "Seva" (service).
Hence youth in Sena should also realize their duties and give best their services to seniors and elders, Aditya said.
State Secretary of Yuva Sena Purvesh Sarnaik, who accompanied the young Thackeray said youth should come forward and adorn the Sena in the interest of their all-round growth.
On the first day itself, a record more than 10,000 youth became members of the Yuva Sena, the son of Thane MLA Pratap Sarnaik announced at the close of the day.
He said the target for membership drive in Thane city was around one lakh in the coming one month, and it will be taken up in each of the assembly segments soon and later extended to the other parts of the district.
Purvesh also hit upon a brilliant idea of awarding honorary membership to young artists whose art has been ignored by the society.
"We will promote, various arts, like event management, arts, culture, media and guide youth to take up these professions and also organize seminars and symposia for their benefit," he said.
Earlier, youths led by Aditya and Purvesh paid rich tributes on the Samadhi of senior Sena leader Anand Dighe at Shakti Sthal and proceeded to the place from where he functioned for many years and launched the membership drive.
Thane: Aditya Kicks Off Yuva Sena Membership Drive
THE LATEST ISSUE
- 'After He Has Gone, We Have Only Him To Talk About': Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan's Parents
- Chidambaram Hits Back At Modi, Lists Non-Gandhi Congress Presidents
- Sabarimala Row: Shutdown In Kerala After Late Night Arrest Of Hindu Woman Leader
- India Seeks To Buy MH 60 Romeo Seahawk Choppers From US For $2 Billion
- Should He Or Shouldn't He? Raging Debate On Dhoni's Inclusion In 2019 World Cup
- Why Indian Railways Is Bad At Implementing Big-Ticket Projects
- Tamil Nadu: A State For Statues
- From Srinagar, A Tale Of 'Cabbage' And (W)Rath
- What Makes India Powerful, What Sort Of A Country We Want
- Indian Railways On A Name Changing Spree
- The Relevance of Shah Rukh Khan Long After We’ve Stopped Running Through Mustard Fields
- Amazon Will Go Bankrupt One Day, We Need To Delay That Day: CEO To Employees
- Facebook Investors Want Mark Zuckerberg To Resign
- Longewala Battle Hero Brigadier Kuldip Singh Chandpuri Dies At 78
- #ThisIsNotConsent: Why Women Are Tweeting Photos Of Their Underwear In Ireland
- Ad Guru And Theatre Personality Alyque Padamsee Dies At 90
- PM Modi, Shivraj Singh Chouhan Are Like Double Engines Of A Train: Amit Shah
- J&K Panchayat Elections: 9% Voter Turnout Recorded For First Phase Till 10 AM
- After Naidu, Mamata Bans CBI Probe In West Bengal Without Consent