Hitting back at Shiv Sena patriarch Bal Thackeray, Udhav Thackeray and Raj Thackeray for targeting Bihari migrants, RJD chief Lalu Prasad today said they were "infiltrators" in Maharashtra as their forefathers hailed from Bihar.
"The forefathers of Thackerays hailed from Bihar and migrated to Mumbai generations ago as has been corroborated by a book written by a late Thackeray family member," Prasad told PTI.
"If the Bihari migrants are infiltrators in Mumbai as described by Sena leaders and MNS chief Raj Thackeray, then the Thackerays themselves are infiltrators," he said.
Thackerays should stop calling Bihari migrants as infiltrators as their Bihari ancestry has been proved or otherwise they should confront the prospect of being thrown out of Mumbai, he said.
A former Bihar Chief Minister and Union minister, Prasad said people must be free to visit, stay and work anywhere within the country, whether it be Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai or Bangalore. "This is a free, democratic country and restrictions cannot be put of peoples' movements," he said.
He said Biharis were hardworking and continue to make significant contribution in the development of Maharashtra. "Biharis in Maharashtra are not hurting its interest. They are not creating any trouble and they have full right to stay there," he said.
Senior Congress leader Digvijay Singh had quoted from a book written by MNS chief's grandfather Prabodhankar Thackeray stating that their ancestors were natives of Magadh region of Bihar before shifting from one place to another and finally settling down in Maharashtra.
Raj Thackeray had debunked the Congress leader's remarks.
Thackerays Also 'Infiltrators' in Maharashtra: Lalu
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Delhi, UP Seal Coronavirus Hotspots; Here Are The Areas To Be Locked Up
- Coronavirus Threat & Shortage Of Migrants Pose Challenge to Farmers In Punjab, Haryana
- Coronavirus Tests Must Be Conducted Free Of Cost In Govt & Private Labs, SC Tells Centre
- At All-Party Meet, PM Modi Suggests Extending 21-Day Lockdown
- Corona In The Chambal, Corona In The Secretariat
- Chronology Is Clear: MPLADS Abolition Leaves MPs At The Mercy Of Centre
- Bollywood Needs A New Ecosystem To Bring Its Economy Back On Track After Corona
- 'Corona Jihad', 'Tablighi Virus'...Would 'Mandir Virus' Be Okay In Such Intolerant Times?
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Coronavirus Hotspots In 15 UP Districts To Be Sealed: All You Need To Know
- Bernie Sanders Drops Out Of US Presidential Race; Biden To Face Trump
- Mehbooba Mufti Determined To Oppose 'Illegal Abrogation of Art 370'
- Opinion: Animal World May Not Be Immune To Coronavirus Pandemic
- Phased Rollback Of Lockdown Most Rational Approach: Kerala CM
- Private Airlines Refused To Carry Samples Of Coronavirus To Pune For Testing
- Suspension Of Olympics Qualification Big Blow For Indian Athletes: Coach
- Fate Of I-League Hangs In Balance, Decision After COVID-19 Lockdown