Revolutionary balladeer and folk artist Gaddar today said his 'Telangana Praja Front' would work with the aim of introduction of a bill in Parliament for the formation of separate Telangana.
"The aim of the Front is tabling a bill in Parliament for the formation of separate Telangana. We believe it is possible through people's movements," he told reporters.
The steering committee of the Front, comprising 85 members, would meet on October 14 to take decisions on all issues, he said.
Gaddar launched 'Telangana Praja Front' yesterday which he said is not a party but a political front to fight for separate Telangana.
"We will grow politically and fight for separate Telangana statehood. Telangana can be achieved through people's movements and agitations only," Gaddar said in his speech during the formal launch of the front here yesterday.
Meanwhile, some Congress leaders took exception to Gaddar's criticism of their party.
"When the aim of all is to achieve separate Telangana, then it is better if criticism against each other is avoided," senior Congress MLA K Jana Reddy said.
Telangana Praja Front to Work for Statehood: Gaddar
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- As India Boycotts Pak Day Celebrations, China Helps Pakistan Avoid Embarrassment
- Imran Khan Tweets PM Modi's Greetings On Pakistan Day As India Boycotts Event In Delhi
- India's Chanakyas | Meet Kancherla Keshava Rao, The Go-To Man Of KCR During Crisis
- Lalu Cedes RJD Ground To Weaker Allies To Keep Anti-NDA Flock Together At Any Cost
- Mizoram Chief Electoral Officer Issues Notice To PRISM Leaders On Secession
- The Deteriorating State Of Modern Music
- Tarun Gogoi Ko Gussa Kyon Aata Hain
- Kohli Is Already An Era-Defining Genius, Don't Read Further
- With Teni Da's Demise, Comes An End Of An Era In Bengali Films
- New Zealand Massacre: Colonisation, Immigration, And White Man's Victimhood
- Solskjaer’s Magical Case For Manchester United Exceptionalism
- Jet Airways Suspends Services Of 13 International Routes Till End-April
- Justice Ghose Takes Oath As First Lokpal Chief
- After Boycott By India, Guests At Pakistan Day Event Allege Harassment By Police
- BJP Announces Second List Of Candidates For LS Polls, Sambit Patra To Contest From Puri
- Cong Asks PMO To Confirm On Greetings Exchanged With Imran Khan On Pak National Day
- Gambhir's Patriotism Makes Him Ideal Choice For BJP. Here Are Some Of His Mercurial Quotes
- 12-Year-Old Boy Held Hostage By Militants In Bandipora Killed
- IPL 2019 Curtain Raiser: Amid World Cup Disquiet, Cricket Gets Ready For Annual Carnival