Revolutionary balladeer and folk artist Gaddar today said his 'Telangana Praja Front' would work with the aim of introduction of a bill in Parliament for the formation of separate Telangana.
"The aim of the Front is tabling a bill in Parliament for the formation of separate Telangana. We believe it is possible through people's movements," he told reporters.
The steering committee of the Front, comprising 85 members, would meet on October 14 to take decisions on all issues, he said.
Gaddar launched 'Telangana Praja Front' yesterday which he said is not a party but a political front to fight for separate Telangana.
"We will grow politically and fight for separate Telangana statehood. Telangana can be achieved through people's movements and agitations only," Gaddar said in his speech during the formal launch of the front here yesterday.
Meanwhile, some Congress leaders took exception to Gaddar's criticism of their party.
"When the aim of all is to achieve separate Telangana, then it is better if criticism against each other is avoided," senior Congress MLA K Jana Reddy said.
Telangana Praja Front to Work for Statehood: Gaddar
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Interpreting The Verdict: What Led To BJP's Defeat In Rajasthan
- Seven Civilians Killed In Clashes With Security Forces In J&K's Pulwama
- Opinion | Rafale Deal: Security Is A Sensitive Issue, We Must Keep Politics Aside
- Telangana Election Is Not Only TRS' Victory, But Also Failure Of Opposition
- Mahinda Rajapaksa Resigns As Sri Lanka's Prime Minister Amid Political Crisis
- The Pilgrim’s Progress: Railways To Waive Off Surcharge On Special Trains During Kumbh Mela
- Why There Is A Problem With Opinion Polls In India
- Introduced And Cancelled: Why India's Semi-High-Speed Trains Struggle To Survive
- When Omar Retweets Mehbooba And Drabu 'Likes' Lone's Tweets
- In Karnataka, Ministry Expansion Is Back To The Front Once Again
- Here's Why PM Modi's G20 Move On Economic Offenders Is Unlikely To Change Anything
- Zoramthanga Sworn In As Mizoram Chief Minister
- Facebook Bug Exposed Up To 6.8M Users’ Unposted Photos To Third-Party Apps
- Chandurudu, I Am Coming: Owaisi To Chandrababu Naidu In Viral Video
- IndiGo Flight Grounded In Mumbai After Bomb Threat Call
- 2nd Test, Day 2 Report: Unbroken Kohli-Rahane Stand Steadies Indian Ship In Perth
- Rahul Gandhi Meets Top Cong Leaders, Decision On Chhattisgarh CM Soon
- J&J Knew About Presence Of Asbestos In Baby Powder For Decades : Report
- Shaktikanta Das 'Dangerous' As RBI Governor, Says Shiv Sena