Revolutionary balladeer and folk artist Gaddar today said his 'Telangana Praja Front' would work with the aim of introduction of a bill in Parliament for the formation of separate Telangana.
"The aim of the Front is tabling a bill in Parliament for the formation of separate Telangana. We believe it is possible through people's movements," he told reporters.
The steering committee of the Front, comprising 85 members, would meet on October 14 to take decisions on all issues, he said.
Gaddar launched 'Telangana Praja Front' yesterday which he said is not a party but a political front to fight for separate Telangana.
"We will grow politically and fight for separate Telangana statehood. Telangana can be achieved through people's movements and agitations only," Gaddar said in his speech during the formal launch of the front here yesterday.
Meanwhile, some Congress leaders took exception to Gaddar's criticism of their party.
"When the aim of all is to achieve separate Telangana, then it is better if criticism against each other is avoided," senior Congress MLA K Jana Reddy said.
Telangana Praja Front to Work for Statehood: Gaddar
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Sabarimala: Restrictions On Women A 'Recent Phenomenon'
- Sabarimala Temple To Open Tomorrow Amid Threats And Warnings
- China Seeks India's Support In Fight With US
- #MeToo | Where’s The Line To Be Drawn When Everyone Has A Different Line?
- Opinion | #MeToo: Wield The Law To Achieve Real Justice
- M J Akbar Should Be Fired Rather Than Being Allowed To Resign
- Why Kishore Kumar Declined A Cover Version Of His Idol KL Saigal's Songs
- Health Hazards Caused By Contaminated Water Supply In Indian Railways
- BJP Is Unlikely To Flaunt Its Economic Record In 2019 Election Campaign
- Stinking Toilets In Trains: Blame It On Passengers
- 'Dawshobhuja A Durgachitra' On This Durga Puja
- NSUI President Fairoz Khan Quits After Sexual Harassment Charges
- Absconding Industrialist Vinay Mittal, Wanted In 7 Bank Frauds Cases, Extradited To India
- Former BSP MP's Son Brandishes Gun Outside 5-Star Hotel In Delhi, FIR Registered
- Congress Votes Get Reduced If I Campaign, Says Digvijaya Singh
- Asian Champions Trophy Hockey: Live Streaming, TV Listing, Squads, Complete Fixture
- Poll Strategist Prashant Kishor Appointed JD(U)’s Vice President
- He Was Obnoxious, Extremely Sexist: Dia Mirza Speaks Up Against Sajid Khan
- Kohinoor Diamond Was Neither Stolen Nor Forcibly Taken, It Was 'Surrendered' To British: ASI