The issue of separate Telangana again came to the fore in the Lok Sabha today with TRS members forcing a brief adjournment of the House.
TRS chief K Chandrasekhar Rao and member M Vijaya Shanthi trooped into the Well as soon as the House assembled for the day raising slogans for a separate Telangana.
BJP members were up on their feet extending support to their cause.
Leader of the Opposition Sushma Swaraj was seen on her feet trying to make a point but was not allowed to do so.
Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar, who had called for the Question Hour, adjourned the proceedings for 15 minutes and held discussions with the opposition leaders.
The proceedings of the House continued thereafter.
However, Rao and Vijaya Shanthi were not present in the House.
Several Congress members, including M Jagannath, Madhu Goud Yaskhi, Ponnam Prabhakar and Sarvey Satyanarayana, who had raised the issue vociferously yesterday were silent today.
The TRS chief had yesterday said his party would disrupt proceedings of the Lok Sabha till the time the Centre comes out with a time-frame for formation of separate Telangana state.
Telangana Issue Leads to Brief Adjournment of LS
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Spilling The Beans: How Murky Was Cafe Coffee Day Founder VG Siddartha's Death
- Sindhu Smashes Okuhara, 1st Indian To Win World Badminton Title
- Arun Jaitley Cremated With State Honours At Nigambodh Ghat In Delhi
- Shashi Tharoor Pens Tribute, Says Arun Jaitley Was Every Non-BJP Person’s Favourite BJP Person
- WI Vs IND, 1st Test, Day 4 LIVE: Bumrah Removes Brathwaite; Target - 419
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- PM Modi Arrives In France For G7 Summit, Will Speak On Global Issues
- Rahul Gandhi Shares Video Of Srinagar Visit, Attacks 'Draconian Administration' Of Jammu And Kashmir
- PM Modi Gives Nationwide Call To Observe September As 'Poshan Abhiyaan' Month
- ‘We Considered Ourselves Indians... But Now Govt Has Changed Everything’
- Watch: Kashmiri Woman Meets Rahul Gandhi On Flight From Srinagar, Shares J&K's Ordeal
- 3rd Test: Ashes On Fire As ENG Level Series
- Brazil Deploys 44,000 Troops To Fight Amazon Fires Amid International Outcry
- Pakistan Says Committed To Kartarpur Corridor Despite Tense Ties With India