Indian Against Corruption led by Team Anna member Arvind Kejriwal will undertake a survey on Jan Lokpal Bill in UP's seven districts, including Rae Bareli represented by Sonia Gandhi, and constituencies of MPs who are on the standing committee scrutinizing the measure.
"Indian Against Corruption activists will collect public opinion from the constituencies of MPs who are members of the standing committee on the Jan Lokpal Bill," IAC national coordination committee member Sanjay Singh told reporters here today.
The "referendum will also be carried out in Amethi, Rae Bareli, Varanasi, Ghaziabad, Lucknow, Ambedkar Nagar and Mainpuri represented by influential MPs," he said, adding that the standing committee will be apprised of its findings.
In case the result goes in favour of the Jan Lokpal bill and the MP concerned does not support the bill in the standing committee, people will asked to vote against the person in the elections, he said.
A similar survey was carried out by Team Anna in July in HRD Minister Kapil Sibal's constituency of Chandi Chowk where it was claimed that an overwhelming 85 per cent of people had favoured the Jan Lokpal Bill. In Rahul Gandhi's constituency Amethi, the survey claimed 90 per cent support.
Favouring a national referendum on the issue, Anna Hazare had said the government will have to listen to the voices of people.
Sibal, who was locked in a war of words with Team Anna, had ridiculed the survey, saying he was surprised why the support was not 100 per cent.
Singh said team Anna members, including Kejriwal, Manish Sisodia and Kumar Vishwas will interact with university students in Lucknow, Varanasi, Gorakhpur, Allahabad and Aligarh in the first week of the next month on the issue.
Team Anna to Undertake Survey on Jan Lokpal Bill in UP
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Chinese President Xi To Visit India Later This Year After PM Modi's Invite At SCO Summit
- India Planning To Set Up Its Own Space Station, Says ISRO Chief
- Defying Mamata Ultimatum, Bengal Doctors To Continue Agitation Till Demands Are Met
- ICC CWC 2019: Rain Check! Here's How Much An Abandoned Match Will Cost India
- IND Vs NZ, World Cup 2019: Match Abandoned, India And New Zealand Share Spoils
- India, Pakistan And The Cost Of A Cup Of Tea In Kashmir
- In Girish Karnad's Death, My Lear Has Passed Away
- In Azim Premji, India Has Its Own Andrew Carnegie, The Man Who Donated 90% Of His Wealth
- Time Opposition Parties Revisited Their Founding Principles To Find How Far Or Close They Are To Them
- LS Polls In J&K: Uncles, Aunties And Engineer Rasheed
- Nitish Saw Modi Wave Coming, Made Amends In Time To Return To NDA
- All 13 Air Force Personnel On Board AN-32 Dead
- Pak Must Take 'Concrete Action' Against Terrorism For Peace Talks: PM Modi Tells China's Xi
- No Proof To Prosecute Nana Patekar In Molestation Case: Police Tells Court
- West Bengal Governor's All-Party Meeting Over Political Violence Inconclusive
- 'Erosion Of Support Among Basic Classes': CPI(M) On Poll Debacle
- TV Channel That Aired 'Defamatory' Content On UP CM Yogi Gets I&B Ministry Notice Over Name, Logo
- NIA Continues Searches For Second Day In ISIS Kerala-Tamil Nadu Module Case
- 'Modi Hai Toh Mumkin Hai': Mike Pompeo Hopes For Strong India-US Relations