Team Anna may support Arvind Kejriwal’s yet-to-be launched political party when elections come, member of the new Team Anna Kiran Bedi said here today.
"We will support any honesty. Since he (Kejriwal) stands for promoting integrity, obviously he will be eligible for our support," she told reporters on the sidelines of the Indian School of Business (ISB) Leadership Summit-2013 today.
She said that Team Anna has no differences with Kejriwal, saying that the activist-turned-politician has chosen the electoral way to fight corruption.
"There are no differences with Kejriwal. He wanted take the electoral route and we wanted to take the non-electoral route. It is his feeling that it is time to take the electoral route," she said.
On the prime minister being exempted from the purview of the Jan Lokpal Bill on issues such as Defence, Foreign Affairs and Law and Order, she said that issue is debatable further.
"We are waiting for the select committee recommendations. I think the most important part of the recommendations will be how independent is the CBI, how independent will be the director selected and whether he or she can be reemployed or not, besides does he report to the Lokpal or not," she said.
The select committee report on the Lokpal Bill which has recommended delinking creation of Lokayuktas in states from the central bill, was tabled in the Rajya Sabha today. The controversial bill, which was passed by the Lok Sabha last year, faced opposition in the Rajya Sabha due to various provisions, including the one making it mandatory for states to set up Lokayuktas.
The prime minister has been exempted from the ambit of the Lokpal Bill on issues of external and internal security, atomic energy, international relations and public order.
Team Anna May Back Kejriwal During Polls: Kiran Bedi
THE LATEST ISSUE
- In Naveen’s Crosshairs: Vengeful Odisha Govt Goes After Leading Odia News Channel
- Poll Sop: Nitish Kumar’s Standard Operating Procedure
- The Saudi Crown Prince Reveals His Schizophrenia
- Victorian Ace: Dean Jones Was A True-Bred Australian Who Made Grit His Middle Name
- SRH Vs KXIP: Hyderabad, Punjab Fight For Crucial Two Points
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- IAF Has Demonstrated Its Capability To Engage With The Adversary: IAF Chief
- Bihar Elections: Former DGP Gupteshwar Pandey Left Ticketless
- Batting Let Bowlers Down, Says CSK Skipper Dhoni After Yet Another Defeat
- China Will Pay A Big Price For Spreading Covid-19 Globally: Trump
- I Am Still A Student Of Cinema: Nawazuddin Siddiqui
- Tablighi Case: Freedom Of Speech Most Abused, Says SC
- India’s GDP Expected To Contract By 9.6 Percent This Fiscal: World Bank
- Ind Vs Aus 2020-21: Cricket Series To Start With ODIs In Brisbane From Nov 25