PUCL secretary Kavita Srivastava, whose house was raided by Chhattisgarh Police, today alleged that she was targeted as she had led the movement for the release of rights activist Binayak Sen.
"I was at the forefront for the release of Sen. Since, then the Chhattisgarh police has a problem with me. Now Sen is out of jail so they have to put someone else inside," she told reporters here.
The right activist alleged that the raid was conducted by Chhattisgarh Police in collusion with the Rajasthan government.
"How did the Rajasthan government allow this? It's in collusion to threaten me," she claimed.
"Under what sections was my house searched? It was an illegal order. I will take legal action as my life and liberty has been threatened," she demanded.
Former president of People's Union of Civil Liberties (PUCL) Justice Rajinder Sachar said the raid comes at a time when Home Minister P Chidambaram himself was "indulging with Maoists".
"The Home Minister in a press conference sometime ago welcomed the Maoists for talks. Kavita's house is raided when Chidambaram himself is indulging the Maoists. Human rights defenders are in trouble," he said.
Srivastava's house was raided yesterday by Chhattisgarh Police in search of a woman allegedly involved in Maoist activities in Dantewada.
Targetted for Supporting Sen's Release: PUCL Secy
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Charting Congress Fortunes In Rajasthan: How Long Can Ashok Gehlot Keep Sachin Pilot Away From Hotseat?
- Eagerly Waiting To Start Duty, But No Honest Initiative From Mamata's End: Agitating Doctors
- India Imposes Higher Customs Duty On 28 US Products
- 'You Can Be A Hero': Arthur's 'Chak De' Speech To Fire Up Pakistan Before India Clash
- India Can Win If It's A 50-Over Game: Gavaskar
- India, Pakistan And The Cost Of A Cup Of Tea In Kashmir
- In Girish Karnad's Death, My Lear Has Passed Away
- In Azim Premji, India Has Its Own Andrew Carnegie, The Man Who Donated 90% Of His Wealth
- Time Opposition Parties Revisited Their Founding Principles To Find How Far Or Close They Are To Them
- LS Polls In J&K: Uncles, Aunties And Engineer Rasheed
- Nitish Saw Modi Wave Coming, Made Amends In Time To Return To NDA
- Death Of Jamal Khashoggi Is Very Painful Crime, Says Saudi Crown Prince
- Amarinder Singh Sends Delegation To Meghalaya After Sikhs Recieved 'Threats'
- Sunny Deol Visits Gurdaspur To Review Progress Of Work On Kartarpur Corridor
- Mamata Banerjee Dismisses MHA's Claims Of 'Poor' Law And Order In Bengal
- IND VS PAK: 'Our World Cup Is Not Finishing Tomorrow, Can't Think Like Fans' - Virat Kohli
- Enact Specific Laws To Protect Doctors, Medical Professionals: Harsh Vardhan Writes To All CMs
- Why Litchi May Not Be Responsible For Child Deaths In Bihar's Muzaffarpur
- In Gujarat, Seven Die After Inhaling Toxic Fumes While Cleaning Sewer