Supporting the Palestinian cause, social activist Swami Agnivesh will be part of the 'Global March to Jerusalem' to uphold secularism in the region.
"We condemn the Zionist campaign of ethnic cleansing in Jerusalem and the rest of Palestine including all ongoing policies intended to change the demographic and geographic situation in the city and aimed at its Judaisation," he said here today on the eve of the march.
Noted social workers like Medha Patkar, Desmond Tutu, journalist Seema Mustafa and several others are a part of this march.
Agnivesh pointed out that Israeli policy is inconsistent with several United Nations resolutions on Jerusalem and contrary to the principles of international law.
"We are alarmed and deeply troubled by the continuing repression of Palestinians in Jerusalem and by the deliberate and systematic attempts to reduce the Christian and Muslim population of the city as part of the policy called 'Judaisation', which is being applied to every part of historic city," Agnivesh said.
"The plan is not only to destroy the Muslim and Christian presence, but also to change and dismantle the social structure of Jerusalem, obliterating its indigenous Arab identity and changing the character of the city," Agnivesh added.
Magsaysay awardee Sandeep Pande, who has also been fasting in protest against Koodankulam Nuclear Plant project in Tamil Nadu, alleged that India's diplomatic relations with Israel and America have only been for exchange of defence machinery and that's the reason why India is not openly supporting the Palestinian cause.
Swami Agnivesh to Join 'Global March' to Jerusalem
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Clueless Cong Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- Cong To Form Fact-Finding Team To Analyse Poll Debacle
- Bihar: Corpses Of Suspected Covid-19 Victims Found Floating In Ganga River
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Users Who Don’t Accept New Privacy Terms Won’t Be Able To Receive Calls: WhatsApp
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- 'Sushil Has Tarnished Wrestling's Image,' LOC Served After Murder
- Beed: Govt To Probe Discrepancy In Covid Deaths As Funerals Rise
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma Get First Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine