Bollywood Actor Sushmita Sen today said that Bombay High Court has allowed her to adopt another girl child.
Stepping out of the court today, Sen, who was carrying the child who is only a few months old, said, "Now she (the child) is Alisah Sen."
She told the reporters that as per the latest High Court judgement, court's permission is necessary if person who already has a child wants to adopt another child of the same sex.
Sushmita, who adopted a girl in 2000, wanted to adopt another baby-girl.
"Court has given me permission...It's a big day in my life," she told the reporters.
Sushmita Gets Permission to Adopt Another Girl
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Amid COVID-19 Risk, Thousands Of Migrant Workers Queue At Delhi Bus Terminals To Leave For Hometowns
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Confirm Case Count In India Mounts To 918, Death Toll Reaches 21
- What India Has Now Is A Clone Emergency: Just Ask The Police
- Ramayan A Wholesome Treat For Soul, Shouldn't Be Viewed From Political Angle: Deepika Chikhalia
- Every Player Is A Story, Says Hockey Coach Graham Reid
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Soaring Bus Fares Worsens Distress Of Migrant Workers Amid Covid-19 Crisis
- Coronavirus: UP To Release 11,000 Prisoners On Parole To Decongest Jails
- 'Trying Three Existing Drugs To Treat COVID-19': IICT
- No House Rent From Migrant Labourers, Workers For One Month: Noida Admin
- 'Response To Coronavirus Was Pre-emptive': Govt Brushes Aside Criticism
- 'They Pelted Stones To Attack': Police Blank Fire In Assam To Close Market
- Klopp Said Liverpool Vs Atletico Going Ahead Was A 'Criminal Act': Ancelotti
- Coronavirus: Suresh Raina Donates Rs 52 Lakh To Fight Pandemic