Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, a key accused in 2008 Malegaon bomb blast case, was produced in a local court here today in connection with the murder of RSS worker Sunil Joshi.
Besides Pragya, other accused Ramcharan Patel, Harshad Solanki, Vasudev Parmar and Anandraj Kataria were also produced in the court of Additional District Judge (ADJ) V K Pandey today amid tight security.
Pragya moved an application in the court seeking permission to stay in Bhopal jail, as she wanted to get herself treated in the Ayurvedic Sansthan in Bhopal. She also sought the copy of charges levelled against her.
The court accepted her two demands and also ordered for the appointment of Bhagwan Jha and Kalpana Singh as nurse for her treatment.
No lawyer from the National Investigation Agency (NIA) which is probing the case appeared in the court today.
The court will read charges against the accused in the case tomorrow.
Joshi, also a suspect in the Samjhauta Express blast case, was shot dead at Devas in Madhya Pradesh on December 29, 2007. On the basis of statements of Parmar, police had made Pragya and other two as accused in the case.
Later, while talking to reporters after coming out of the court, Pragya said, "Sach pareshan kiya ja sakta hai, lekin parajit nahi ho sakta!" (Truth can be troubled, but it shall never be defeated!). She said this, when she was asked about her involvement in the blast case.
She said that she has neither committed any crime in her life nor supported any criminal elements.
Sunil Joshi Murder: Sadhvi Pragya Produced in Court
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Himanta Biswa Sarma Takes Oath As The CM Of Assam, Here Are The Names Of Other Ministers
- 34 Aligarh Muslim University Professors Succumb To Covid-19 In Last 18 Days
- 'Little Room For Judicial Interference': Centre To Supreme Court On Vaccine Policy
- India Sees Slight Dip In Covid Daily Count: Records 3,66,161 New Cases And 3,754 Deaths
- Game Over, Or Halftime? Mamata Faces Full-Blown Tussle With BJP
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- Led By Debutants Why Indian Cricket Is On Top Of The World
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- Fact Check: Can You Get Covid Even After Vaccination? Govt Clarifies
- Can Hot Water Bath Or Drinking Warm Water Prevent Covid? Govt Answers
- Covid: What’s Fatal Black Fungus Infection?
- UP: Seven Held For Stealing Clothes Off Bodies And Selling Them
- M.K. Stalin: The Prince Who Finally Became King
- Dramatic Draw Not Enough To Keep Title In Real's Hands
- Remainder Of IPL 2021 Can't Happen In India, Says Sourav Ganguly