Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur, arrested in connection with the murder of Samjhauta Express blast suspect Sunil Joshi, was taken to Dewas in Madhya Pradesh today following an order from a local court there, police said.
Thakur, who is also a key accused in 2008 Malegaon blast case in Maharashtra, would be produced before a court in Dewas in connection with the murder of Joshi tomorrow, they said.
"The Maharashtra Police are taking her to Dewas by Awantika Express that left Mumbai Central railway station this evening. Pragya would alight the train at Indore from where she would be taken to Dewas court by road," a police source told PTI.
Pragya's lawyer advocate Ganesh Sovani said that she had written a letter to the city police commissioner that she be allowed to travel by AC First Class compartment owing to her poor health.
She even offered to pay for the tickets but the police booked her in the second class compartment, he said.
The MP police had moved an application in the special MCOCA court here in February, and after taking the court's permission had placed Sadhvi under arrest in the Sunil Joshi murder case while she was undergoing treatment at the J J hospital.
Subsequently, the MP police had produced a warrant issued by a local court in Dewas directing them to produce Sadhvi.
Joshi, a suspect in the Samjhauta Express blast case, was shot dead in Dewas in Madhya Pradesh on December 29,2007.
Sovani said, "Pragya was brought to the Mumbai Central railway station at the 11th hour when the train had almost started moving and the police had to ask passengers inside the train to pull the chain to stop the train."
Sunil Joshi Murder: Pragya Taken to Madhya Pradesh
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Clueless Congress Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- Cong To Form Fact-Finding Team To Analyse Poll Debacle
- Corpses Found Floating In Ganga
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Himachal: Cyber Thugs Target Covid Patients With False Promises Of Hospital Beds, Remdesivir
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- In A First, An Independent Candidate In TN Releases Election Expenses
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- 'Sushil Has Tarnished Wrestling's Image,' LOC Served After Murder
- Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma Get First Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine