Sadhvi Pragya Singh, a key accused in the 2008 Malegoan blast case, would be produced before a court in Madya Pradesh tomorrow in connection with the murder of RSS activist Sunil Joshi.
Joshi, a suspect in the Samjhauta Express blast case, was shot dead at Devas in Madhya Pradesh on December 29, 2007.
Special public prosecutor Rohini Salian confirmed the development and said Madhya Pradesh police today produced a warrant issued by a local court in Devas.
As per the warrant, the Devas court has directed the Madhya Pradesh police to produce Sadhvi tomorrow, Salian said.
"The special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court here has directed jail authorities to make arrangements for her travelling to Devas either by train or by flight but not by road," Sadhvi's lawyer Rameshwar Gite said.
Gite further said that the court also directed the JJ hospital authorities to discharge her.
Though Sadhvi was arrested last month in the Joshi murder case, police had not sought for her physical custody.
Maharashtra Anti-Terrorist Squad had arrested 12 people, including Thakur, Lt Col Srikant Prasad Purohit, and Sudhakar Udayban Dwivedi alias Dayanand Pandey alias Swami Amritanand, in connection with the 2008 Malegoan blasts in which seven persons were killed and over 70 injured.
Sadhvi was arrested in connection with the Malegoan blast case on October 23, 2008.
Sunil Joshi Case: Sadhvi to Appear in Court on Mar 30
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Arun Jaitley Cremated With State Honours At Nigambodh Ghat In Delhi
- Shashi Tharoor Pens Tribute, Says Arun Jaitley Was Every Non-BJP Person’s Favourite BJP Person
- Live Badminton Score, World Championships: Sindhu Aims Maiden Gold Vs Okuhara
- ‘We Considered Ourselves Indians, Had No Second Thoughts. But Now Govt Has Changed Everything.’
- Spilling The Beans: How Murky Was Cafe Coffee Day Founder VG Siddartha's Death
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Nothing More 'Anti-National' Than Shutting Down Of Democratic Rights In Kashmir: Priyanka Gandhi
- '..Our Voice Being Taken Away,': IAS Officer Hailed During Kerala Floods Quits
- Brazil Deploys 44,000 Troops To Fight Amazon Fires Amid International Outcry
- Will Remember His Presence: Rahul Gandhi Writes Letter To Arun Jaitley's Wife
- Ashes Live, 3rd Test: Ben Stokes, Jonny Bairstow Counterattack
- PM Modi Reveals How Bear Grylls Conversed With Him In Hindi In 'Man Vs Wild' Special Episode
- PM Modi Meets Bahraini Crown Prince, Conferred 'The King Hamad Order Of The Renaissance'
- Pakistan Says Committed To Kartarpur Corridor Despite Tense Ties With India