Sadhvi Pragya Singh, a key accused in the 2008 Malegoan blast case, would be produced before a court in Madya Pradesh tomorrow in connection with the murder of RSS activist Sunil Joshi.
Joshi, a suspect in the Samjhauta Express blast case, was shot dead at Devas in Madhya Pradesh on December 29, 2007.
Special public prosecutor Rohini Salian confirmed the development and said Madhya Pradesh police today produced a warrant issued by a local court in Devas.
As per the warrant, the Devas court has directed the Madhya Pradesh police to produce Sadhvi tomorrow, Salian said.
"The special Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court here has directed jail authorities to make arrangements for her travelling to Devas either by train or by flight but not by road," Sadhvi's lawyer Rameshwar Gite said.
Gite further said that the court also directed the JJ hospital authorities to discharge her.
Though Sadhvi was arrested last month in the Joshi murder case, police had not sought for her physical custody.
Maharashtra Anti-Terrorist Squad had arrested 12 people, including Thakur, Lt Col Srikant Prasad Purohit, and Sudhakar Udayban Dwivedi alias Dayanand Pandey alias Swami Amritanand, in connection with the 2008 Malegoan blasts in which seven persons were killed and over 70 injured.
Sadhvi was arrested in connection with the Malegoan blast case on October 23, 2008.
Sunil Joshi Case: Sadhvi to Appear in Court on Mar 30
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Allahabad To Prayagraj: The Politics Of Name Change
- 'After He Has Gone, We Have Only Him To Talk About': Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan's Parents
- Rajasthan Polls: Congress Fields Jaswant Singh’s Son Manvendra Against Vasundhara Raje
- Why Dalits And Elite Castes Are Unhappy With BJP In Gwalior-Morena
- Sabarimala Row: Shutdown In Kerala After Late Night Arrest Of Hindu Woman Leader
- How Calcutta Women Used Humour To Handle Sexual Harassment Before #MeToo
- Why Indian Railways Is Bad At Implementing Big-Ticket Projects
- Tamil Nadu: A State For Statues
- From Srinagar, A Tale Of 'Cabbage' And (W)Rath
- What Makes India Powerful, What Sort Of A Country We Want
- Indian Railways On A Name Changing Spree
- Election Commission Curtails Poll Donation To Rs 10,000
- Odisha Assembly Excuses Abhijit Iyer Mitra For His Derogatory Remarks Against State Legislators
- PM Modi Attends Maldives President Ibrahim Mohamed Solih's Swearing-In
- J&K Panchayat Elections: 64.5% Voting In First Phase
- AP, W. Bengal Ban On CBI: What Does It Mean
- 'Two Leaves' Symbol Case: Delhi Court Frames Charges Against Dhinakaran
- Mehul Choksi May Return To India In 3 Months If Medically Fit: Lawyer
- Abducted By Militants Earlier, Body Of 19-Year-Old Found With His Throat Slit