Congress General Secretary Digvijay Singh today rubbished BJP's accusation that his statement on the late Maharashtra ATS Chief Hemant Karkare amounted to helping terrorists in India or Pakistan.
Singh triggered a controversy recently when he said that Karkare had talked to him about threats from radical right-wing groups before his death in Mumbai terror attack.
"I do not think that there is any way in which it can be said that my statement on Karkare helped terrorists in India or Pakistan in any regard," he told PTI here.
Singh said that BJP and RSS appeared to be fond of criticising him but he would like to ask them about those who belonged to the Sangh Parivar and were linked to blasts and other similar activities.
Asked if the reported confession by Swami Aseemanand would blunt the Sangh Parivar's attack on him, Singh said he would not be surprised `if they said Digvijay Singh is a bigger terrorist than Swami Aseemanand'.
The former Chief Minister was highly critical of the way BJP government in Madhya Pradesh dealt with terrorists.
"Instead of apprehending terrorists, the State government was doing its best to shelter them", Singh alleged.
Statement on Karkare Doesn't Help Terrorists: Digvijay
THE LATEST ISSUE
- In The TIME Of Bilkis Bano As Dadi Cool
- MI Vs SRH LIVE: Boult Gets Bairstow; Hyderabad 34/1 (4.1)
- 'Be Back Soon,' 'Next Few Days Are Real Test': Trump
- UP CM Orders CBI Probe; Rahul, Priyanka Meet Hathras Victim's Family
- Bihar Assembly Elections 2020: BJP, JD(U) Reach Seat-Sharing Agreement
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Fifty Years Of Satyajit Ray's Aranyer Din Ratri
- Rahul Gandhi’s Tractor Rally Against Farm Laws
- When The Impact Players Misfire
- Another Mahagathbandhan Ally Quits At Patna Press Conference
- Durga Puja During Coronavirus Pandemic
- Nirbhaya's Mother's Exclusive Take On Hathras Rape Case
- Mission Bengal: A Saffron Experiment
- French Open: Teen Swiatek Blows Away Halep To Reach Last Eight