Taking on the US authorities for detaining actor Shahrukh Khan at a New York airport for over two hours, fellow star Irrfan Khan today said their system is "not fullproof".
"Even our president had been stopped, and so was I stopped at the immigration several times in the US at the airport. So whenever I go to the US I always think will they again stop me this time also," Irrfan told reporters here.
Explaining the security check one has to go through in US, the actor said, "whenever you cross immigration counter and give your passport, they ask your purpose of visit. And then they suddenly check something on computer and then their perception changes".
"They take away your phone, you are not allowed to call anyone or talk to anyone. They call the police and take you to a room and (you) can't question them as to why they are taking you and where. When all verification process is properly done by them and they are satisfied, they leave you," he said.
Referring to Shahrukh's detention, he said "This is ignorance on their part. Their system is not full proof."
SRK's Detention: US System Not Fullproof Says Irrfan
THE LATEST ISSUE
- JEE Advanced Cut Off Lowest In Recent Years, Here’s Why?
- RCB Vs DC: Vibrant Delhi Rout Bangalore By 59 Runs To Go Top Of Table
- In Absence Of Ailing Paswan, Son Chirag Left To Fight His Own Battle In Bihar Polls
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Ashwin Leaves Finch With 'Mankading' Warning
- Reopening Of Schools After Months Of Lockdown
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- FIR Registration Should Be Made Compulsory For All States: Gehlot
- Smriti Irani Calls Rahul Gandhi A 'VIP Kisan'
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Foreign Secretary, Army Chief Of India Visit Myanmar
- Delhi Capitals Will Be Hard To Beat In IPL 2020, Says RCB Skipper Virat Kohli