Bollywood stars Sharh Rukh Khan and Kajol are all set to ring the NASDAQ bell as the American stock exchange opens for business on Monday morning.
This is the first time that Indian stars have been invited to ring the opening bell for the exchange as an act of promotion for their upcoming film 'My Name Is Khan'.
SRK and Kajol would be ringing the bell on behalf of Fox Searchlight Pictures which is distributing the film in the US market, a NASDAQ spokesman said.
With over 3,700 companies listed, the NASDAQ has more trading volume than any other stock market in the world.
"This prestigious event is usually reserved for CEOs of major corporations and is broadcast live on many television networks across the globe," Indian promoters of the movie in the US said.
Khan and Kajol have starred together in many successful films over the years including 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' and 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' which are both modern classics in Hindi cinema.
The Karan Johar directed film, which releases on February 12, will see the most sought after onscreen pair in Bollywood re-unite after eight years.
Shot across much of the United States, 'My Name Is Khan' will also have a star-studded premiere at the 60th annual Berlin International Film Festival during the week of its release.
SRK and Kajol to Ring the NASDAQ Bell
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Finance Minister Announces Slew Of Measures To Boost Economy Amid Slowdown
- WATCH: Decoding What Nirmala Sitharaman's Announcements To Boost Economy Mean
- Death By Debt: Indian Businesses Are Devastated, Tax Terror Adds To Woes
- PV Sindhu Not Smart, Says Kim Ji Hyun, Korean Coach Behind Badminton Star's Course Correction
- Should We Encourage Kuccha Receipts? Institutional Cleansing Part Of Improving Business Environment
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Home, Vehicle, Other Retail Loans To Become Cheaper: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- SC To Hear Chidambaram's Appeal Against Arrest On Monday
- New India Will Not Allow Loot Of Money: PM Modi To Indian Diaspora In France
- Karnataka: Political Slugfest Erupts Between Congress, JD(S) As Siddaramaiah, Deve Gowda Trade Barbs
- Sindhu Assured Of Fifth Medal At Badminton Worlds
- Live, Windies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2, North Sound, Antigua
- FATF Asia-Pacific Group Puts Pakistan In 'Enhanced Blacklist'
- Roti Served With Salt As Mid-Day Meal For Primary School Students In UP