Bollywood stars Sharh Rukh Khan and Kajol are all set to ring the NASDAQ bell as the American stock exchange opens for business on Monday morning.
This is the first time that Indian stars have been invited to ring the opening bell for the exchange as an act of promotion for their upcoming film 'My Name Is Khan'.
SRK and Kajol would be ringing the bell on behalf of Fox Searchlight Pictures which is distributing the film in the US market, a NASDAQ spokesman said.
With over 3,700 companies listed, the NASDAQ has more trading volume than any other stock market in the world.
"This prestigious event is usually reserved for CEOs of major corporations and is broadcast live on many television networks across the globe," Indian promoters of the movie in the US said.
Khan and Kajol have starred together in many successful films over the years including 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' and 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' which are both modern classics in Hindi cinema.
The Karan Johar directed film, which releases on February 12, will see the most sought after onscreen pair in Bollywood re-unite after eight years.
Shot across much of the United States, 'My Name Is Khan' will also have a star-studded premiere at the 60th annual Berlin International Film Festival during the week of its release.
SRK and Kajol to Ring the NASDAQ Bell
THE LATEST ISSUE
- 'Let The Good Sense Prevail': Mamata Urges Doctors To Resume Healthcare Services
- Making India $5 Trillion Economy 'Challenging But Achievable': PM Modi At Niti Aayog Meet
- Bihar: Death Toll Due To Suspected Acute Encephalitis Mounts To 73 In Muzaffarpur
- CWC 2019, AUS Vs SL: Glenn Maxwell On Fire, Australia Eye 350
- It's Easy To Blame Doctors. Who Cares About India's Dilapidated Health Infrastructure?
- India, Pakistan And The Cost Of A Cup Of Tea In Kashmir
- In Girish Karnad's Death, My Lear Has Passed Away
- In Azim Premji, India Has Its Own Andrew Carnegie, The Man Who Donated 90% Of His Wealth
- Time Opposition Parties Revisited Their Founding Principles To Find How Far Or Close They Are To Them
- LS Polls In J&K: Uncles, Aunties And Engineer Rasheed
- Nitish Saw Modi Wave Coming, Made Amends In Time To Return To NDA
- Pak Will Engage With India In 'Dignified Manner', Up To Delhi To Decide: Pak FM Shah Mehmood Qureshi
- Enact Specific Laws To Protect Doctors, Medical Professionals: Harsh Vardhan Writes To All CMs
- Prannoy Roy, Radhika Roy To Challenge 'Outrageous' Sebi Order on NDTV Management
- ICC CWC 2019, SA Vs AFG: Rain Stops Play In Cardiff
- MP: Panchayat Outcasts Rape-Survivor's Family After They Failed To Organise Feast To 'Purify' Her
- Is Mamata Losing The Plot? Anti-Mamataism Fast Becoming A State Of Bengali Mind
- Why Litchi May Not Be Responsible For Child Deaths In Bihar's Muzaffarpur
- In Gujarat, Seven Die After Inhaling Toxic Fumes While Cleaning Sewer