Nirupama Rao, former Foreign Secretary and Indian Ambassador-designate to US, has been chosen for this year's Sree Chitra Tirunal award.
Award Committee chairman T P Sreenivasan said in a press release here that the honour was in recognition of Rao's meritorious service in foreign diplomacy.
The award has been instituted by the Sree Chitra Tirunal Trust in memory of the erstwhile ruler of Travancore.
Former recipients of the honour are former ISRO chairman G Madhavan Nair, former National Security Advisor M K Narayanan, agricultural scientist M S Swaminathan, actor Mohanlal and singer K J Yesudas.
Sree Chitra Tirunal Award for Nirupama Rao
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Why Dalits And Elite Castes Are Unhappy With BJP In Gwalior-Morena
- Rajasthan Polls: Congress Fields Jaswant Singh’s Son Manvendra Against Vasundhara Raje
- 'After He Has Gone, We Have Only Him To Talk About': Major Sandeep Unnikrishnan's Parents
- Chidambaram Hits Back At Modi, Lists Non-Gandhi Congress Presidents
- Sabarimala Row: Shutdown In Kerala After Late Night Arrest Of Hindu Woman Leader
- How Calcutta Women Used Humour To Handle Sexual Harassment Before #MeToo
- Why Indian Railways Is Bad At Implementing Big-Ticket Projects
- Tamil Nadu: A State For Statues
- From Srinagar, A Tale Of 'Cabbage' And (W)Rath
- What Makes India Powerful, What Sort Of A Country We Want
- Indian Railways On A Name Changing Spree
- India Seeks To Buy MH 60 Romeo Seahawk Choppers From US For $2 Billion
- Ad Guru And Theatre Personality Alyque Padamsee Dies At 90
- Facebook Investors Want Mark Zuckerberg To Resign
- India-Jordan Match Is Not Cancelled; Here's How You Can Watch It Live
- AP, W. Bengal Ban On CBI: What Does It Mean
- Amazon Will Go Bankrupt One Day, We Need To Delay That Day: CEO To Employees
- WATCH: Glenn Maxwell Takes Stunning Catch To Dismiss Faf Du Plessis
- #ThisIsNotConsent: Why Women Are Tweeting Photos Of Their Underwear In Ireland