Madhya Pradesh Urban Development Minister Babulal Gaur today said that as per his assessment, Samajwadi Party will emerge as the single largest party in the Uttar Pradesh assembly elections.
The Minister, who originally hails from UP, returned recently after addressing election meetings in 12 constituencies in that state.
Gaur told PTI that SP will lead in UP followed by the Bahujan Samaj Party and then the BJP and Congress.
The minister said he was very impressed by Priyanka Gandhi who reflected Indira Gandhi in her image.
"It would have been better if the Congress had projected Priyanka in place of Rahul," he said.
Gaur said BJP was not in any position to form a government in Uttar Pradesh.
Answering a question, he said that this was his assessment as a party worker and he did not know about the pronouncements made by senior BJP leaders.
SP to Emerge as Single Largest Party in UP Polls: Gaur
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Amid COVID-19 Risk, Thousands Of Migrant Workers Queue At Delhi Bus Terminals To Leave For Hometowns
- Coronavirus Live Updates: Case Count In India Mounts To 918; Five More Test Positive In J&K
- What India Has Now Is A Clone Emergency: Just Ask The Police
- Ramayan A Wholesome Treat For Soul, Shouldn't Be Viewed From Political Angle: Deepika Chikhalia
- Every Player Is A Story, Says Hockey Coach Graham Reid
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Soaring Bus Fares Worsens Distress Of Migrant Workers Amid Covid-19 Crisis
- Coronavirus: UP To Release 11,000 Prisoners On Parole To Decongest Jails
- 'Trying Three Existing Drugs To Treat COVID-19': IICT
- No House Rent From Migrant Labourers, Workers For One Month: Noida Admin
- 'Response To Coronavirus Was Pre-emptive': Govt Brushes Aside Criticism
- 'They Pelted Stones To Attack': Police Blank Fire In Assam To Close Market
- Klopp Said Liverpool Vs Atletico Going Ahead Was A 'Criminal Act': Ancelotti
- BCCI Pledges INR 51 Crores To PM-CARES Fund