Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati are among the four Indians named in the Financial Times list of '50 People Who Shaped the Decade'.
NRI billionaire Lakshmi Mittal and India-born Pepsico Chief Indra Nooyi are the other two Indians in the league of 50, which among others also features Al-Qaeda chief Osama Bin Laden and US President Barack Obama.
About the 50, the UK daily said "not all are heroes, some are villains, and many fall somewhere in between".
People from fields as diverse as politics and business, economics and culture have made to the list, which includes legendary investor Warren Buffett, Apple chief Steve Jobs, golfer Tiger Woods, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation's co-chair Melinda Gates and Chinese President Hu Jintao.
"... The men and women on our list should be seen as representative of the larger themes of the decade. There are some striking omissions, because we felt that a historic event or trend had been captured by someone already on our list," it added.
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair, former US President George Bush, Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, US Fed Chairman Ben S Bernanke, inventor of famed television programme format 'Big Brother' -- John De MoI.
On Sonia Gandhi, the publication noted that as Congress party's leader since 1998 she has rebuilt India's largest political party.
Sonia, Maya, Nooyi Among '50 People Who Shaped the Decade'
THE LATEST ISSUE
- 'Broad Daylight Murder Of Law, Democracy': Cong Lashes Out At Govt Over Chidambaram's Arrest
- With P. Chidambaram's Arrest, His Anticipatory Bail Plea Before SC Rendered Infructuous
- Never Met Peter Or Indrani Mukerjea, We Are Being Targeted: Karti Chidambaram
- Ravidas Temple Demolition Protest: Bhim Army Chief Chandrashekhar Azad Arrested In Delhi
- INX Media Case: 20 Questions CBI Asked P Chidambaram
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- India's Fresh Challenge On Kashmir: Engage With Donald Trump But Without Opening Another Front
- Etawah 'Ragging' Case: Police, VC Deny Medical Students Were Forced To Shave Heads
- March To Delhi Temple Demolition Site Was 'Personal Decision': Dalit Body
- Oppn Parties Protest At Jantar Mantar, Demand Release Of Detained J&K Leaders
- MNS Chief Raj Thackeray To Appear Before ED Today In IL&FS Money Laundering Case
- NDA Candidate Against Rahul Gandhi In Wayanad Arrested In UAE
- Kohli Hints At Four-Bowler Strategy Vs WI
- Live, 1st Test, Day 1: SL Win Toss, Opt To Bat First Vs NZ