Congress chief Sonia Gandhi and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati are among the four Indians named in the Financial Times list of '50 People Who Shaped the Decade'.
NRI billionaire Lakshmi Mittal and India-born Pepsico Chief Indra Nooyi are the other two Indians in the league of 50, which among others also features Al-Qaeda chief Osama Bin Laden and US President Barack Obama.
About the 50, the UK daily said "not all are heroes, some are villains, and many fall somewhere in between".
People from fields as diverse as politics and business, economics and culture have made to the list, which includes legendary investor Warren Buffett, Apple chief Steve Jobs, golfer Tiger Woods, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation's co-chair Melinda Gates and Chinese President Hu Jintao.
"... The men and women on our list should be seen as representative of the larger themes of the decade. There are some striking omissions, because we felt that a historic event or trend had been captured by someone already on our list," it added.
Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, German Chancellor Angela Merkel, former UK Prime Minister Tony Blair, former US President George Bush, Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin, US Fed Chairman Ben S Bernanke, inventor of famed television programme format 'Big Brother' -- John De MoI.
On Sonia Gandhi, the publication noted that as Congress party's leader since 1998 she has rebuilt India's largest political party.
Sonia, Maya, Nooyi Among '50 People Who Shaped the Decade'
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Highrises Of Nightmares! Why Coronavirus Will Extend Slowdown Period In Real Estate Sector
- Transportation Of Non-Essential Goods Also Allowed During Lockdown: MHA
- Coronavirus: Confirmed Cases Cross 1000-Mark In India, Death Toll Rises To 27
- Corona Warriors: 'PM Modi Ignored Us,' Say Pharmacists As Gadkari Opens Old Wound
- Coronavirus: Seal Borders To Stop Exodus Of Migrants, Centre Tells States
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Flights Grounded, Here's What Happens To Your Air Ticket
- Plane On Medical Mission Catches Fire At Manila Airport; All 8 Aboard Killed
- Worried Over Virus-Hit Economy, German Minister Commits Suicide
- The 'NRI Belt' Of Punjab Sees Half Of State's Total Corona Cases
- World T20-Winning Star Joginder Singh Hailed For Being a Coronavirus Warrior
- Coronavirus Natural, Not Engineered, Says NY-based Genomics Expert
- 'Read 18 Chapters Of Gita In Remaining 18 Days Of Lockdown': Kejriwal
- Exclusive | Sehwag Could Bring Any Attack To Its Knees: Wright