Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray's daughter-in-law Smita Thackeray's plea to join Congress will take some time, Congress' state unit president Manikrao Thakre said here today.
Thakre was presiding over an "Introspection Meeting" of the party held here.
He said Smita Thackeray had contacted him once to join the Congress. As the party has a process to follow while inducting new people, Smitha's entry will take some more time, he added.
On the issue of Amitabh Bachchan, he said, "Ours is a secular party and as Amitabh Bachhan has stood alongside with the Gujarat government, we have kept ourselves at some distance from him."
He said that as far as the Congress was concerned, there will be no impact of Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, who is will float a new political party.
Union Power Minister Sushilkumar Shinde said that Congress has good future in the country due to its century old ideology of secularism and thirst to serve the people of the country.
He said that the party would do well with more strength as more and more youths are joining it. "It is a good sign," he addded.
Maharashtra ministers including Patangrao Kadam, Manikrao Khaple, Harshvardhan Patil were present.
'Smita Thackeray's Entry into Cong Will Take Time'
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Police Lodged FIR Against Hawkers, Shopkeepers In Nizamuddin, But Ignored Markaz Masjid Gathering
- India Reports 328 New Coronavirus Cases, 12 Deaths In Last 24 Hours: Health Ministry
- Opting For 3 Month Moratorium On Repayment Of Term Loans? Get Ready To Pay More
- Kabul Gurdwara Attack: Bringing Back Sikhs Could Damage Indo-Afghan Ties
- Indian Muslims Cannot Defeat Jinnah, Savarkar By Organising Themselves On Religious Lines
- Ramanand Sagar’s Ramayan Then and Now: Politics Of An Epic Kind
- Blog: Kashmiris Have Lived Through Many A Lockdown. They Could Advise World On How To Face One
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Truckloads Of Pineapples Rot Outside Many States As Demand Nosedives
- Domicile Law Triggers More Worries In J&K Amid Coronavirus Crisis
- Around 9,000 Tablighi Jamaat Members, Their Contacts Quarantined: MHA
- PM Modi To Share Video Message With People At 9 AM Friday
- Can India Feed Itself During Lockdown? Consumer Affairs Secy Answers
- COVID-19: Gambhir Vows To Contribute Two Years' Salary To PM CARES Fund
- Challenging Task Of Tracking 'Missing' Tablighi Jamaat Returnees In TN
- 'Grateful' To Indian PM Modi For His Support To Olympics: IOC Chief