Shiv Sena chief Bal Thackeray's daughter-in-law Smita Thackeray may soon join Congress, a Maharashtra Pradesh Congress Committee spokesperson said on Tuesday.
"Smita Thackeray is on way to joining the Congress," MPCC Spokesperson and former minister Hussain Dalwai told PTI.
Asked when would Smita, a film producer and social worker, join Congress, Dalwai said, "I cannot tell exactly when she would join but she is on way to joining the party".
48 old Smita is reportedly peeved at being "marginalised" in the Thackeray household and feels that the Sena is being "unfair" to Maharashtrians with its parochial politics.
The MPCC spokesperson said, "The fact that Smita is on way to Congress shows that after Bal Thackeray there is no one in Sena whose leadership people trust."
A member of Thackeray joining Congress is a significant development, he said.
"Anyone who is ready to abide by the ideology of the party and has faith in leadership of Sonia Gandhi is welcome in the party," Dalwai added.
Smita Thackeray All Set to Join Congress
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Coronavirus Live Updates: ATM Withdrawals To Be Free For Next 3 Months, Says FM
- Govt Extends Tax Deadlines To June 30 In View Of Lockdown Due To Coronavirus
- The Corona Warriors: Muzaffer Ahmad, The Kashmir Doctor Who Steadfastly 'Captures' COVID-19 Victims
- 'Release All Detainees, Restore 4G Internet': Omar Abdullah's First Word After 8-Month Detention
- First Communal Violence, Now Coronavirus Fears, Delhi's Riot Victims Have Nowhere To Go
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Coronavirus Lockdown: Know Your Essential Services
- Locals Protest Against Cremation Of Coronavirus Patient In Bengal
- Humour And Solitary Walks: Mental Health Advisory In Kashmir To Fight Corona Crisis
- 65-Yr-Old Coronavirus Patient Dies In Maharashtra; 3rd Fatality In Mumbai
- Police Clear Anti-CAA Protest Site At Shaheen Bagh Amid COVID-19 Fears
- 'Seems Like This Regime Fears Women The Most': Iltija Slams Centre As Mother Remains In Detention
- Olympics Postponement Inevitable: IOC Official
- Conference Call Between BCCI And IPL Team Owners Postponed