An under-construction chimney of Reliance Energy's Ultra Mega Power Project in Sasan collapsed today triggering a stampede in which six persons were injured, three of them seriously.
The stampede took place after the under-construction chimney of the Reliance Energy's Ultra Mega Power Project in Sasan area in Singrauli collapsed, Singrauli Collector P Narhari told PTI.
He said the under-construction chimney was 10 to 15 metre tall and it was supposed to be built 270 metres long.
Narhari said six people were injured in the stampede, out of whom three sustained severe injuries.
He said all the injured were out of danger and said there was no possibility of any person being trapped in the rubbles of the collapsed chimney.
"I rushed to the spot to monitor the situation", the collector said.
After the incident, some locals protested and tried to set fire to two vehicles, the collector said.
"We are investigating the case. Right now our priority is to help the injured," he added.
Six Injured in Stampede as Chimney Collapses in MP
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Jyotiraditya Scindia's Crown Gets A Few Painful Thorns
- RCB Vs KXIP: KL, Gayle Fifties Help Punjab Beat Bangalore
- Gupkar Declaration Turns Into A Political Alliance To Restore Article 370
- Army Chief Manoj Naravane's Nepal Visit To Act As Ice-Breaker In Strained Ties
- The Lonely Trek To Kashmir's Peaks
- Why Jofra Archer, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje Making IPL A Connoisseur’s Delight
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Construction Of Zojila Tunnel Begins With Ceremonial Blast
- Telangana Floods Put KCR Government In The Dock
- Archer, Rabada, Nortje Making IPL A Connoisseur’s Delight
- India Wishes Her Beloved President Abdul Kalam On His 89th Birth Anniversary
- Preparations In France Underway For Induction Of More Rafale Jets
- Turkey’s ‘Neo-Ottoman’ Vision For West Asia, Mediterranean
- Senior Odisha TV Journalist Whisked Away By Police
- Journalist, Commentator Kishore Bhimani Dies At 80, Tributes Pour In