An under-construction chimney of Reliance Energy's Ultra Mega Power Project in Sasan collapsed today triggering a stampede in which six persons were injured, three of them seriously.
The stampede took place after the under-construction chimney of the Reliance Energy's Ultra Mega Power Project in Sasan area in Singrauli collapsed, Singrauli Collector P Narhari told PTI.
He said the under-construction chimney was 10 to 15 metre tall and it was supposed to be built 270 metres long.
Narhari said six people were injured in the stampede, out of whom three sustained severe injuries.
He said all the injured were out of danger and said there was no possibility of any person being trapped in the rubbles of the collapsed chimney.
"I rushed to the spot to monitor the situation", the collector said.
After the incident, some locals protested and tried to set fire to two vehicles, the collector said.
"We are investigating the case. Right now our priority is to help the injured," he added.
Six Injured in Stampede as Chimney Collapses in MP
READ MORE IN:
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Communists Don't Respect India's Culture, History And Spirituality: Modi On Sabarimala
- Two Independent MLAs Withdraw Support In Karnataka, 'Totally Relaxed', Says Kumaraswamy
- My Politics Is For Governance, Not For Conflict Resolution: Shah Faesal
- I Regret The Decision Of Proposing Modi As PM Candidate In 2014: Yashwant Sinha
- AUS Vs IND, 2nd ODI: Kohli, Dhoni Star In India's Series-Levelling 6-Wicket Win
- What Will Be The Effect Of Alliances Against BJP Across India
- Two Mega Film Releases Trigger A Wave Of Crazy Fan Behaviour In Tamil Nadu
- Politics And Public Memory In Kashmir
- Sabarimala Issue May Help BJP Grow In Kerala But Social Reform Is Inevitable
- From Bollywood To South India, What Made Kader Khan A Darling Of Film-Makers
- Lessons In Nationalism And Modernity: What India Can Learn From Japan And Korea
- To Implement 10% Quota, HRD Ministry To Increase Seats By 25% In Universities
- BJP Doesn't Discriminate, But Mass Conversions Is A Matter Of Concern: Rajnath Singh
- Supreme Court Sets Conditions For BJP's Rath Yatra In Bengal
- Make CVC Report On Alok Verma, Minutes Of Jan 10 Meeting Public: Kharge To PM Modi
- Watch: MS Dhoni's Massive Last-Over Six Against Australia At Adelaide
- Dhoni Special Forces Handscomb To Walk Even Before Umpire Signals Out – WATCH
- Woman Who Entered Sabarimala Allegedly Attacked By Mother-In-Law
- Opinion | No Progress On India-China Relations, Govt Creates Optical Illusion Ahead Of Elections