Senior BJP leader Yashwant Sinha today demanded immediate impositon of central rule in Manipur because of indefinite economic blockade by some organisations on two national highways which are considered lifelines of the state.
Representatives of all political parties in the country should come and see the problems as they did in Jammu and Kashmir and then only they would understand the gravity of the situation, Sinha told a party function here.
If the matter was not looked into, BJP would raise the issue in Parliament, the former union finance minister said.
United Naga Council has launched indefinite economic blockade on Manipur portions of two national highways since August 21 to oppose the demand of the Sadar Hills District Demand Committee to upgrade Sadar Hills area in Senapati district into a district.
Official sources said more than 80 trucks including oil tankers arrived today with security escort and people had started getting petrol and its products.
"Our Patience is running out and we may take stern action," Chief Minister Ibobi Singh had said at a function yesterday.
Sinha Demands President's Rule in Manipur
THE LATEST ISSUE
- The VacScene: 30 Cr People To Get Covid-19 Vaccine Within A Year. Are You Among Them?
- The Count Goes On: Joe Biden On The Cusp Of Presidency
- Harsh Vardhan: Our Aim Is To Give Covid Vaccine To 30 Crore Indians By August-September 2021
- Re-Investigation Requires Permission From The Higher Judiciary: Experts
- Williamson, Holder Help SRH Knock Out Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Why Jofra Archer, Kagiso Rabada, Anrich Nortje Making IPL A Connoisseur’s Delight
- Chennai Super Kings' Belief In Shane Watson Surreal, But That's What MS Dhoni Is All About!
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Delhi Police Books YouTuber Accused Of Cheating Baba Ka Dhaba Owner
- Can States Refuse Entry To CBI? Yes, They Can
- Support For Arnab, Ignore The Rest?
- Can Talk To China But Not J&K People? Mehbooba Asks Centre
- Meet The Man Who Gave Us Japanese Whisky With An Indian Twist
- Gurjar Agitation Enters Sixth Day, Govt Yet To Find Solution
- RCB Skipper Virat Kohli Laments Batting Failure In Crunch IPL Game
- Why Australian Team Should Not Make Kohli Angry, Explains Steve Waugh