The Sikkim Assembly today adopted a unanimous resolution for a Commission of Inquiry to go into the allegations of disproportionate assets against Chief Minister Pawan Chamling and some of his former and present cabinet colleagues.
The Commission under the provisions of the Commission of Inquiry Act, 1952 will be headed by retired chief justice of the Sikkim High Court Justice R K Patra.
The resolution, proposed by the Health Minister D N Thakerpa was seconded by SDF member B S Panth who described the Cabinet's decision on Friday of setting up a Commission of Inquiry as one, which was in the interest of the people of the state.
Chamling, the Leader of the House said that he and his other colleagues against whom the allegations were levelled would not take part in the discussions over the resolution.
Speaking in support of the resolution other party MLAs accused the opposition leaders of questioning the wisdom of the voters who gave their mandate to the SDF for the fourth consecutive time.
They accused the SPCC President Nar Bahadur Bhandari of allegedly trying to use the courts for fulfilling his political motives.
The SPCC has filed an FIR before the CBI in New Delhi alleging that the chief minister and his present and past ministers had assets disproportionate to their known sources of income.
Sikkim Assembly Resolution on Inquiry Against CM
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Clueless Congress Stumbles From One Poll Defeat To Another
- Cong To Form Fact-Finding Team To Analyse Poll Debacle
- Corpses Found Floating In Ganga
- 1st Priority Is To Contain Covid: CM Himanta Biswa Sarma
- Himachal: Cyber Thugs Target Covid Patients With False Promises Of Hospital Beds, Remdesivir
- Born April 18, Died April 20: The Spectacular Fall Of European Super League And Its Aftermath
- India In England: Prithvi Shaw Unlucky, Hardik Pandya Needs To Prove All-rounder Credentials
- Online Real Money Gaming: Why Present Is Imperfect And Future Is Tense
- For IPL Organisers, Loss Of Revenue Seems More Important Than Loss Of Lives Due To COVID
- Why Should Boys Have All The Fun? Sports For One And All!
- Why Virat Kohli Is Right And ICC Wrong: A Philosopher Looks At DRS
- India's Battle Against Covid: Grim Reaper Stalks The Land
- Why High Antibody Doesn’t Guarantee Protection From Covid
- Lancet Slams Modi Govt for Stoking a ‘Self-Inflicted National Catastrophe’
- Can You Get Covid After Vaccination?
- In A First, An Independent Candidate In TN Releases Election Expenses
- RSS- BJP Tussle Behind Kerala Poll Drubbing?
- 'Sushil Has Tarnished Wrestling's Image,' LOC Served After Murder
- Virat Kohli, Ishant Sharma Get First Dose Of COVID-19 Vaccine