Ace shooter and Asian Games gold medallist Jaspal Rana was today named as BJP's candidate from Uttarakhand's Tehri constituency as the party declared its list of 23 candidates for the Lok Sabha polls.
Rana, who is BJP President Rajnath Singh's daughter-in-law's brother, is one of the four candidates declared from Uttarakhand.
The other candidates from Uttarakhand are: former union minister of state Bacchi Singh Rawat (Uddhamsingh Nagar -- was Nai Nital seat pre-delimitation), Ajay Tamta (Almora-SC) and Madan Kaushik (Haridwar). Kaushik and Tamta are ministers in the Uttarakhand government.
The BJP Central Election Committee also finalised 17 candidates from West Bengal. They are former CPM MP Bratin Sengupta from Barasat, Satya Brata Mookherjee (Krishnanagar), Subhas Chandra Burman (Balurghat), Tathagata Roy (Kolkata North), Rahul Sinha (Bankura), Dipen Pramanik (Jalpaiguri-SC), Nabendu Mahali (Jhargram-ST).
Other candidates are Prabhakar Tiwari (Barrackpore), former IPS officer Dawa Sherpa (Darjeeling), Rahul Chakrabarty (Uluberia), Swapan Kumar Das (Basirhat), Debabrata Choudhary (Sreerampur), Amalesh Mishra (Kanthi), Rajshree Choudhary (Tamluk), Mahitosh Bauri (Bardhaman Eas t), Bhabendra Nath Burman (Cooch Behar-SC) and Polly Mukherjee (Howrah).
Narendra Sawaikar will contest from Murmugao (Goa) while B P Ray is the BJP candidate from Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
BJP also announced the candidature of Tapan Ghosh for the bye-election to West Bengal assembly constituency of Bishnupur West.
With this the total number of candidates announced by BJP has touched 75.
Shooter Jaspal Rana to Contest on BJP Ticket
THE LATEST ISSUE
- No Relief For Chidambaram, Supreme Court Terms Bail Plea In CBI Case 'Infructuous'
- Government Sacks 22 More Tax Officers For Graft, Misconduct
- G7 Summit: Spotlight On Kashmir, Trade During Modi-Trump Talks
- So Where Will Assam's 'Illegal Immigrants' Go? Government Says NRC Not Death Knell
- Sindhu To Receive Cash Reward For Stellar Showing At Badminton Worlds
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Shashi Tharoor Pens Tribute, Says Arun Jaitley Was Every Non-BJP Person’s Favourite BJP Person
- Former PM Manmohan Singh Loses SPG Cover, To Get Z+ Security
- Out On Bail, 7 Accused In Lynching Cop In Bulandshahr Welcomed With Garlands
- PM Modi Meets Boris Johnson At G-7 Summit; Discusses Bilateral Ties, Security
- BSP Chief Mayawati Slams Congress, Opposition Leaders For Kashmir Visit
- Hosts Must Take Inspiration From Stokes - Root
- Driver Killed In Kashmir As Protesters Hurl Stones At Truck Mistaking It For Police Vehicle
- Rahane, Bumrah Torment Windies As India Seal First Test In Clinical Fashion