Bhopal police is assessing the threat perception to Sultan Masood, father and chief prosecution witness in the slain RTI activist Shehla Masood murder case, who has demanded a security cover.
"We have asked the concerned police station (Koh-e-Fiza) to assess the threat perception to Sultan and will take a decision on it after studying its report," Bhopal Deputy Inspector General (DIG) Yogesh Choudhary said.
"I had met the state Home Minister few months back demanding security for myself as I am living alone and also fear that those who were involved in the crime would harm me," Sultan said.
"Though a policeman had visited my residence to record my statement on the issue, so far no security has been provided to me," he said.
Shehla was shot dead on August 16 last year when she was sitting in her car just outside her house in the posh Koh-e-Fiza locality of Bhopal.
CBI had so far arrested Zahida, her close confidant Saba Farooqui, and alleged killers - Irfan Ali, Tabish and Shaqib Danger - in the case.
Shehla Masood's Father Demands Security Cover
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Rahul Gandhi Signs Off As Congress President With Veiled Critique Of Party Peers
- 'Every Living Cell In My Body Resists BJP's Idea Of India,' Says Rahul Gandhi
- Virat Kohli Stares At Suspension After Another Furious Argument With Umpires
- World Cup: Bairstow, Wood Shine As England Crush New Zealand, Seal Semis Spot
- 23 Feared Dead, 11 Bodies Recovered After Tiware Dam Breach In Maharashtra's Ratnagiri
- Let Not 'Jai Shri Ram' Be Misused As 'Allahu Akbar'
- Trump's America Is Once Again Locking Horns With Iran. What Should India Do?
- Do Driving And Education Have A Connection?
- Ola, Ole! How's The Patient Doing?
- Salman Khan’s Fears Misplaced, No Reviewer Can Make Or Mar A Film Destined For Greatness
- With No Malls, No App-Based Economy, Kashmir Stuck At Where It Was 2 Decades Ago
- Wholly Consumed By Frustration, Rayudu May Have Had Cricket Left In Him
- 'Brand New Drama Of Congress Party': BJP Leaders On Rahul Gandhi's Resignation
- Rahul Gandhi Changes His Twitter Bio, No Longer President Of Congress Now
- After PM Modi's Criticism, BJP Leader Says Akash Vijayvargiya Wasn't Welcomed On Release
- SC Imposes Rs 100 Cr Fine On Meghalaya Govt For Failing To Curb Illegal Coal Mining
- CBI Court Acquits Mau MLA Mukhtar Ansari In 2005 Murder Case of BJP Leader Krishnanand Rai
- Will PAK Qualify For Semis If They Score 1000 Runs! READ Hilarious Comments
- 'Brand New Drama Of Congress Party': BJP Leaders On Rahul Gandhi's Resignation As President