The Special CBI Court today adjourned the trial in the Shehla Masood murder case till April 10 as the new CBI prosecutor sought time to secure documents on call details in connection with the case from private telecom companies.
Special CBI Judge Anupam Srivastava adjourned the trial till April 10 after the new CBI prosecutor, Atul Kumar, submitted a request for seeking time to secure original documents on the call details from private telecommunication companies, including Reliance.
The call details, believed to be among the accused and other people connected with the case, were part of the chargesheet filed by CBI last year.
Accused Saba Farooqui's defence counsel Sunil Srivastava told reporters that he had objected in the court the demand of the new CBI prosecutor, who did not come prepared on the matter and sought more time to delay the trial.
"A change of prosecutor by the investigating agency would not affect the case, and it appeared that the CBI is avoiding appearance of prosecution witnesses as was evident in the previous trials too," Srivastava alleged.
As the prosecution witness could not furnish original call records documents cited as evidence during the hearing in the case on February 13, the court had then postponed the trial for today.
All five accused in the case - Zahida Parvez, Saba, and three alleged shooters Saquib Ali 'Danger',
Irfan, and Tabish were present in the court.
Till now Hemant Shukla, CBI's senior public prosecutor, was handling the case since filing of
Masood was shot dead outside her house in Bhopal's Koh-E-Fiza locality on August 16, 2011.
Shehla Masood Murder: Trial Adjourned Till April 10
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Rahul Gandhi Signs Off As Congress President With Veiled Critique Of Party Peers
- 'Every Living Cell In My Body Resists BJP's Idea Of India,' Says Rahul Gandhi
- Virat Kohli Stares At Suspension After Another Furious Argument With Umpires
- World Cup: Bairstow, Wood Shine As England Crush New Zealand, Seal Semis Spot
- 23 Feared Dead, 11 Bodies Recovered After Tiware Dam Breach In Maharashtra's Ratnagiri
- Let Not 'Jai Shri Ram' Be Misused As 'Allahu Akbar'
- Trump's America Is Once Again Locking Horns With Iran. What Should India Do?
- Do Driving And Education Have A Connection?
- Ola, Ole! How's The Patient Doing?
- Salman Khan’s Fears Misplaced, No Reviewer Can Make Or Mar A Film Destined For Greatness
- With No Malls, No App-Based Economy, Kashmir Stuck At Where It Was 2 Decades Ago
- Wholly Consumed By Frustration, Rayudu May Have Had Cricket Left In Him
- 'Brand New Drama Of Congress Party': BJP Leaders On Rahul Gandhi's Resignation
- Rahul Gandhi Changes His Twitter Bio, No Longer President Of Congress Now
- After PM Modi's Criticism, BJP Leader Says Akash Vijayvargiya Wasn't Welcomed On Release
- SC Imposes Rs 100 Cr Fine On Meghalaya Govt For Failing To Curb Illegal Coal Mining
- CBI Court Acquits Mau MLA Mukhtar Ansari In 2005 Murder Case of BJP Leader Krishnanand Rai
- Will PAK Qualify For Semis If They Score 1000 Runs! READ Hilarious Comments
- 'Brand New Drama Of Congress Party': BJP Leaders On Rahul Gandhi's Resignation As President