Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol today became the first Indian movie stars to ring the opening bell of the New York stock exchange NASDAQ.
The duo are in New York to promote their latest film My Name is Khan and were invited to by Fox Searchlight Pictures, who are distributing the film in the US, to open trading at the world's biggest stock exchange at 9:00 am (local time) today.
Before the event, Shah Rukh said on his tweeter account: "Nasdaq will be fun. Have to make sure I reach on time, otherwise will end up being blamed for economic upheaval across the world too..Ha ha."
Shah Rukh and Kajol will also be talking to New Yorkers, later today, through an online chat show hosted by the South Asian Journalists Association.
Their latest movie centres around a Muslim man, who faces difficulties in social interaction, and falls unconditionally for the beautiful Mandira, a Hindu single mother living out her version of the global dream of success.
The movie, also starring Jimmy Shergill and Tanay Chheda, will be released on February 12 worldwide and will also premiere at the 60th annual Berlin International Film Festival during the week of its release.
Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol Ring NASDAQ Opening Bell
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Finance Minister Announces Slew Of Measures To Boost Economy Amid Slowdown
- WATCH: Decoding What Nirmala Sitharaman's Announcements To Boost Economy Mean
- Death By Debt: Indian Businesses Are Devastated, Tax Terror Adds To Woes
- PV Sindhu Not Smart, Says Kim Ji Hyun, Korean Coach Behind Badminton Star's Course Correction
- Should We Encourage Kuccha Receipts? Institutional Cleansing Part Of Improving Business Environment
- Kashmiris Are Angry, Yet They Are Calm. Why?
- Indian Armed Forces, Civilians Continue To Bleed In Internal Conflicts, But Do We Care?
- On India's 73rd Independence Day, A Letter to Pehlu Khan
- The Valley Has Fallen Into Rigor Mortis
- BBC, Northern Ireland, And Kashmir – Where Shekhar Kapur Got It Wrong
- Euphoria On Abrogation Of Article 370 Is Wearing Off, Only Time Will Tell Full Meaning Of This Move
- Home, Vehicle, Other Retail Loans To Become Cheaper: FM Nirmala Sitharaman
- SC To Hear Chidambaram's Appeal Against Arrest On Monday
- New India Will Not Allow Loot Of Money: PM Modi To Indian Diaspora In France
- Karnataka: Political Slugfest Erupts Between Congress, JD(S) As Siddaramaiah, Deve Gowda Trade Barbs
- Sindhu Assured Of Fifth Medal At Badminton Worlds
- Live, Windies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2, North Sound, Antigua
- FATF Asia-Pacific Group Puts Pakistan In 'Enhanced Blacklist'
- Roti Served With Salt As Mid-Day Meal For Primary School Students In UP