Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol today became the first Indian movie stars to ring the opening bell of the New York stock exchange NASDAQ.
The duo are in New York to promote their latest film My Name is Khan and were invited to by Fox Searchlight Pictures, who are distributing the film in the US, to open trading at the world's biggest stock exchange at 9:00 am (local time) today.
Before the event, Shah Rukh said on his tweeter account: "Nasdaq will be fun. Have to make sure I reach on time, otherwise will end up being blamed for economic upheaval across the world too..Ha ha."
Shah Rukh and Kajol will also be talking to New Yorkers, later today, through an online chat show hosted by the South Asian Journalists Association.
Their latest movie centres around a Muslim man, who faces difficulties in social interaction, and falls unconditionally for the beautiful Mandira, a Hindu single mother living out her version of the global dream of success.
The movie, also starring Jimmy Shergill and Tanay Chheda, will be released on February 12 worldwide and will also premiere at the 60th annual Berlin International Film Festival during the week of its release.
Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol Ring NASDAQ Opening Bell
THE LATEST ISSUE
- West Bengal Doctors Call Off Week-Long Strike After Meeting CM Mamata Banerjee
- IED Attack On Army Convoy In Pulwama Of Jammu And Kashmir
- Will Kerala MP K Suresh Lead Congress In Lok Sabha If Rahul Gandhi Says No?
- Watch: Actor-Singer Palash Sen Calls Doctors Across India To 'Halla Bol' Against Violence
- CWC 2019, BAN Vs WI: Bangladesh Off To Steady Start In Pursuit Of 322
- With No Malls, No App-Based Economy, Kashmir Stuck At Where It Was 2 Decades Ago
- India, Pakistan And The Cost Of A Cup Of Tea In Kashmir
- In Girish Karnad's Death, My Lear Has Passed Away
- In Azim Premji, India Has Its Own Andrew Carnegie, The Man Who Donated 90% Of His Wealth
- Time Opposition Parties Revisited Their Founding Principles To Find How Far Or Close They Are To Them
- LS Polls In J&K: Uncles, Aunties And Engineer Rasheed
- Army Major Killed, 3 Jawans Injured In Gunfight With Militants In J&K's Anantnag
- First Session Of 17th Lok Sabha Begins, PM Modi, Newly-Elected Members Take Oath
- Tax Evaders Beware! No Escape By Just Paying Penalty From Today
- TV Reporter Confronts BJP 'Leader' Who Entered ICU Wearing Shoes, Wins Praise On Internet
- 'It Talks About Power Of Universalism And Liberalism': Kapil Dev On His Book 'We The Sikhs'
- Bihar: 100 Children Die Due To Suspected Acute Encephalitis, Harsh Vardhan Visits Families
- Kolkata Man's Live Stunt In Hoogly River Turns Fatal, Drowns
- Watch: This Pakistani Cricket Fan Has Some Incredible Ideas For His Team, Sarfaraz Ahmed