Ahead of the Assembly polls in West Bengal, the ruling CPI(M) today said corruption had crept in among lower ranks of the party and there was no place in the party for its leaders who have "grown horns on their heads".
"Several CPI-M zonal committee, district committee leaders and CPI-M MLAs, councillors, panchayat pradhans have become corrupt. They are also not behaving properly with the common people," state secretary of CPI(M) Biman Bose said at the 45th anniversary of party mouthpiece Ganashakti here.
"Many zonal committee secretaries and district secretaries think they have become very important persons. They have grown horns on their heads," he said.
"When people come to meet them they say 'Do you know who I am?'" Bose said.
These leaders would be identified and driven out of the party, he said, adding, "all CPI-M leaders should show respect to the people".
Several CPI(M) Leaders Have Become Corrupt: Bose
THE LATEST ISSUE
- Indra Gupta, The Sarkari Doctor Aspiring To Keep Jaipur In The Pink Of Health
- Stay Wherever You Are To Stop Coronavirus From Spreading: PM's Message To Country
- 'Don't Panic,' Sonia Gandhi Tells People, Suggests PM Annouce Sector-Wise Relief Package
- The Viral Learning Curve: Universities And Classes In The Time Of Corona
- Coronavirus: Cases In India Rise To 283; Amid Fear, Country To Observe 'Janata Curfew' Tomorrow
- Dipak Misra Was Reviled As CJI But Ranjan Gogoi Beguiled His Way To Power
- Taking Up Hijab Against Coronavirus
- Seemingly Happiest People Often Suffer From Depression
- Blog | Not Music Or Art, But It's 'Fear' That Binds Us Together
- Restructuring Indian Railways’ Cadres: Is The Proposal Good For The Nation?
- In Chasing Away Maoists, Odisha's Malkangiri Village Delivers Telling Message This R-Day
- Vasundhara Raje, Who Attended Party With Kanika Kapoor, Tests Negative For Coronavirus
- Coronavirus: UP Govt To Give Rs 1,000 To Daily Wage Labourers, Construction Workers
- MP: 22 Rebel Congress MLAs Join BJP; Scindia Says Everyone Will Get Tickets
- Clapping Won't Help, Country Needs Economic Package: Rahul's Jibe At PM Modi
- Some To Protest From Balconies Against NRC, CAA During Janta Curfew
- Coronavirus: SC Lawyer Bodies Appeal To CJI To Declare Holidays For 2-4 Weeks
- Mary Kom Breaks Quarantine Protocol Amid Coronavirus Scare
- PK-da Was 'Guardian Angel Of Indian Football,' Bhutia