The security cover of Mahant Gyan Das and Mohammad Hashim Ansari, two of the main litigants in the Ayodhya title suits case who are chief negotiators of peace talks in the Ramjanmabhoomi-Babri Mosque dispute, has been removed.
The security cover provided by the local administration to the two leaders after they initiated peaceful talks for an out-of-court settlement of the Ayodhya dispute was taken off late last evening, official sources said.
Due to a security risk to the two litigants, they were provided round-the-clock Y category security after the Allahabad High Court judgement in the case on September 30. Three police gunners and half-a-dozen armed PAC personals were posted at their respective residences.
While the PAC personnel were called back last evening, the gunners continue to be deployed at the respective residences, though their number has been reduced.
Ayodhya police circle officer Rakesh Kumar Pandey said, "Ayodhya has got enough security forces and it has been deployed at places according to the need".
However, sources in the police department said due to shortfall in security forces in Ayodhya, the PAC security cover has been withdrawn from both leaders.
Talking to PTI, Hashim Ansari said, "On some high official's order, PAC jawans posted here for my security were removed. I was provided three police gunners round the clock, now only two are left. When I will move out, these two gunners will accompany me and nobody will be left behind me to protect my house and my family".
A staff member at the residence of Mahant Gyan Das at Hanuman Garhi premises told PTI, "The PAC camp established for Mahantji's security has been removed. Even his personal security of police gunners has been minimised".
Security of Negotiators of Ayodhya Peace Talks Removed
THE LATEST ISSUE
- JEE Advanced Cut Off Lowest In Recent Years, Here’s Why?
- RCB Vs DC: Vibrant Delhi Rout Bangalore By 59 Runs To Go Top Of Table
- In Absence Of Ailing Paswan, Son Chirag Left To Fight His Own Battle In Bihar Polls
- Covid-19 And The Dream Of Aatma Nirbhar Bharat
- Hathras Case: Forensic Report That Denied Rape Contains No Value, Say Medical Experts
- IPL 2020: KL Rahul’s Record Century, Yuzvendra Chahal’s Clever Bowling Highlights Of Week 1
- IPL 2020: Emergence Of The Team Psychologist And T20 Spinner
- IPL 2020: Expect Run Outs, Batting Collapses And Run Freeze In Initial Matches In UAE
- Woman Scribes' Rift Over Rhea Chakraborty Exposes TV-Print Divide
- Brace For Exciting England-Australia Clash As Old Enemies Meet In New World
- Sports And National Education Policy: A Flawed Understanding
- Ashwin Leaves Finch With 'Mankading' Warning
- Reopening Of Schools After Months Of Lockdown
- Trio Wins Nobel Prize In Medicine For Discovery Of Hepatitis C Virus
- FIR Registration Should Be Made Compulsory For All States: Gehlot
- Smriti Irani Calls Rahul Gandhi A 'VIP Kisan'
- Scientists Say ‘Feluda’ Test Could Help India Battle COVID-19
- Foreign Secretary, Army Chief Of India Visit Myanmar
- French Open: Novak Djokovic Reaches 14th Roland Garros Quarter-final